8.0.7.3 vs 8.0.8.5 and Audio Sync issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
    It's hard to tell from some of the posts if people are referring to ripping DVDs or Bluray
    this thread is for 'DVD ripper' as shown above

cheers

Comment

Audio Sync Issues STILL with mkv.remux (some DVDs)

Tried my test DVD (Andrea Bocelli Under a Desert Sky), using mkv.remux and still have audio sync issues (10's of seconds). Tried with 8073, 8085 and 8080b QT. As reported previously, this seems to be an mkv.remux issue, as I have no sync issues with vob passthrough.
      Trying things like "try this or that version", "change encoding to software", and "check the air in the tires" is starting to get old.
      This forum is loaded with audio sync issue posts. How hard can mkv.remux be - there are no settings to set! All settings limited to "same as source" - which is what I want. I don't mind beta testing free software, but I paid for this software. Lets go guys, focus.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        The A/V sync fix for DVD Ripper is in the 8088 Qt Beta. I have not had any sync problems with Blu-ray Ripper in 8085 or 8088.
        What output format where you using? All of my WMV's are out of sync. I just tried a M2TS and it is in sync. (These were using Bluray ripper)

Comment

Just checked sync on Iron Man 2 rip and it is off. Progressively worse throughout the movie. By th end, it's a good 3 to 5 seconds off. I'm trying another rip right now. It sucks that I have to spend many hours doing this only to fail and have to spend many more hours doing this to see if another rip will work.

Comment

Robin Hood turned out fine on the first rip. Now ripping Hitman.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Jenkins View Post
              What output format where you using? All of my WMV's are out of sync. I just tried a M2TS and it is in sync. (These were using Bluray ripper)
              I use MP4 or M4V profiles, almost universally playable. WMA10 in particular has been plagued by sync problems off and on, especially with two-pass. The WMA 9 has worked well. I don't use the MKV container at all.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                I use MP4 or M4V profiles, almost universally playable. WMA10 in particular has been plagued by sync problems off and on, especially with two-pass. The WMA 9 has worked well. I don't use the MKV container at all.
                I could never get the M4v to play on my xbox. Always errors out on the xbox. I may try it again with 8.5

Comment

Avatar ripped with a sync issue on computer only. On the Xbox is plays fine. Just keeping a running log of what movies seem to have issues to see if this is consistent.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Im a noobie here & to the world of dvd ripping.
                    I just recently bought a version of dvd fab but from my understanding i need to revert back to version 8073, can tghis be done & how.
                    I just tried ripping my dvd of quantum leap to my hdd but its completley out of sync, i should add that its a american version
                    any help would be appreciated
                    cheers

Comment

Not necessary in most cases. Try the newest version, DVDFab v8.0.9.1. Some users are having problems installing it, most are not.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                      X