Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your problem has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Do not hijack other peoples threads or you will be banned.

Use the SEARCH facility of the forum to find treads that relate to your problem and if unsuccessful, start your own thread.

Originally posted by pm2501 View Post
    Having similar issues myself.

Full Movie results in multiple titles that are segments of the movie. I've tried DVD to DVD (HDD) and only selected specified "angles" and still get the same issue here.

Tagging this thread in the event that someone has an update.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just finished converting up with ps3/mp4 with dvdfab version 4.1.2.0 with success. (which works with newer ipods) 1500 kbps 700x400

every other version i have tried did not work.

audio sync is perfect.

copied to hard drive first then used the version 4 fab

guide in sig
      Last edited by kingpn69; 11-29-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Your problem has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Do not hijack other peoples threads or you will be banned.

Use the SEARCH facility of the forum to find treads that relate to your problem and if unsuccessful, start your own thread.
        Hey there, GregiBoy. Actually, I did use Search quite extensively before responding to this thread, seeing as I was looking for assistance or advice on converting my copy of Up! to Xbox 360 format. Rather than make a "me too!" post to this thread, which is for reporting single instances of sync issues, I thought it most appropriate to post here.

Like the OP, I'm able to view the title perfectly fine when using DVD->DVD and saving it to the hard drive - most notably when selecting the "Main Movie" option. When doing the full disc, I, like think1, am presented with a number of "broken" titles (portions of the movie split into separate titles) rather than a single title with the full movie therein.

Similar to Complication and think1, I'm suspecting that the audio sync issue when going from VOB to WMV stems from the multi-POV presented in the title... when the software attempts to convert to WMV, it does so on only one of the (in this case, 3) angles presented.

Comment

It would have helped if you gave more information than you did.

I suspect also there is a major problem with the WME module by Microsoft that Fab needs to use to do this.

I have use WME (Windows Media Encoder) in standalone mode on quite a few ocassions and have encountered a similar sync problem.

I tend to stay away from any WMV format other than for my HTC Touch HD and use generic.avi.XXXX.audiocopy profiles for my high quality encodes.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It would have helped if you gave more information than you did.
            Yes, admittedly, it would've. Sorry if my response seemed irrelevant. I wasn't posting from a location where I could've provided technical details on the setup of my WMC PC.
            I suspect also there is a major problem with the WME module by Microsoft that Fab needs to use to do this.

I have use WME (Windows Media Encoder) in standalone mode on quite a few ocassions and have encountered a similar sync problem.

I tend to stay away from any WMV format other than for my HTC Touch HD and use generic.avi.XXXX.audiocopy profiles for my high quality encodes.
            In such situations, when the goal is to allow for streaming to an Xbox 360 via Windows Media Player, Media Center and/or Zune media sharing, what are the other options you'd recommend? Are there alternatives that provide the 5.1 surround sound over to the 360 and similar extenders? I've been a DVDFab customer for about a year now, but have pretty much used it exclusively to provide instant (read: not drag my rear over to the DVD cabinet to grab my hardcopy) access to my movie collection in WMV format.

Comment

Although not an XBox owner, I have been given to understand that AVI's produced with the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile work with the XBox and retain the 5.1 surround sound so long as you select the AC-3/5.1 track when setting the encode up.

I use this profile to stream quite successfully to a variety of media players in my house although I have lately gone to using generic.avi.H264.audiocopy as my new 8 sereies Samsung plays these direct from an attached USB Hard Disk.

Give the XVid one a try on a couple of chapters to see the results.

I generally use around the 1100 bitrate and a resolution of the original DVD, 720 x XXX for PAL, 704 x XXX for NTSC.

Let us know how you get on.

Hope this helps....

Comment

Although not an XBox owner, I have been given to understand that AVI's produced with the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile work with the XBox and retain the 5.1 surround sound so long as you select the AC-3/5.1 track when setting the encode up.
                Gave it a shot, and, unfortunately met with the same results. Audio is in sync at the beginning and then gets further and further off as you go along.

I strongly suspect that the title is swapping between angles to play audio in-sync on a standard DVD playback mode, but when encoding to a mobile format, because you're only selecting one angle, the audio ends up out of sync.

Comment

Working...
                X