Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my test just failed also. 8.1.0.5 using the Droid MP4 profile. Hangs at 2.28%.

Ripping from Hard Disk Folders, standard profile settings.

Originally posted by Lostboy1457 View Post
    thanks...I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by CBR929; 07-20-2011, 02:32 AM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have same problem ripping to iPad

I am having almost exactly the same problem described by Lostboy1457 in my effort to rip DVDs to iPad format. First, I copy a DVD to my hard drive; then I rip from that copy to iPad format. This process worked flawlessly for a few months. Then, starting a few weeks ago (possibly related to a DVDFab
      upgrade?), I have been experiencing Lostboy's problem, where the ripping begins just fine but then comes to a complete stop anywhere from 12-18% of the way into the rip. Strangely, a recent rip of a new film I tried worked just fine. Then the problem resumed with all subsequent attempts, and I am completely unable to rip anything at all to iPad format.

I have selected software codecs as recommended, reset DMA and confirmed that "Check for DMA automatically" is checked, all with no effect. And like Lostboy, I have a Windows 7 quad-core system with vast amounts of free disc space, so I don't think I have a system capacity problem.

I must also point out that this appears to be an increasingly widespread problem among your customers, with similar posts from "Risser" and "Jimkress999" elsewhere on this forum.

Here is an extract from my log showing a failed rip. I manually canceled the rip at the end because the process had completely stopped.

DVDFab 8.1.0.3 (2011/07/18 16:06:24)

0m 00.99s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 0 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
      0m 00.99s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.0.3 (2011/07/18 16:10:06)

0m 01.65s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 0 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
      0m 01.70s: Qt Translator file load success
      0m 57.78s: pathplayer enabled
      1m 06.64s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 06.65s: create config(0)
      1m 06.65s: convert profile(iPad.h264)
      1m 06.65s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->28)
      1m 06.65s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
      1m 06.65s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
      1m 06.65s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
      1m 07.75s: h264_encode: encode param profile(0) level(30) bitrate(1020)
      10m 50.15s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

Comment

I don't beleve this!!!

Tried it again, same scenario and it's started working!

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Well, my test just failed also. 8.1.0.5 using the Droid MP4 profile. Hangs at 2.28%.

Ripping from Hard Disk Folders, standard profile settings.

POS!!!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

can you please tell me the exact settings you used? MP4 or Generic MP4...or Droid X MP4 etc. It would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Droid X MP4 Movie Predators R4, previously ripped to hard disk folders.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostboy1457 View Post
              Is it possible that DVDFab basically does not support ripping to android tablets?? If so, I should have been told of such when I initially posted the issues I was having with the DVD Ripper not working on the trial version and the Toshiba Thrive. (I brought up the issue that my trial version expired well before the full 30 days http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=13701).

However, instead of assisting with the software problem or asking pertinent question that could lead to a satisfied customer, moderator CBR929 was quick to point out that the trial version had lasted 3 weeks (21 days) and not 7 days like I had written...thereby completely ignoring the fact that in either case 30 days had not transpired. Seems moderator CBR929 was more interested in trying to find fault with my timeline than helping with identifying whether DVD Ripper and my Android tablet were compatible.

After being chastised and told if I liked DVDFab so much, to pay for it and support its improvement....and in trying to do the right thing, (because I am a previous customer) I PURCHASED DVD Ripper for $50 and now have had the same issues as I did before with the trial version.
              Hi Lostboy1457
              Your other thread has nothing to do with this thread.
              If there is a problem with Fab, I'm sure that the developers will find the problem and fix it.
              As said before, if your trial has ended, then you must either purchase the product to use that feature...END OF STORY.

While discussion is welcome on the forum, useless rants will not be tolerated, and will be deleted, as I had done on one of your previous posts.

Please do not try to get into a heated discussion with me (as you have mentioned my name twice) or any member on this forum, as I am just like you a member.

You can consider this your warning, you will not receive another one if you continue this rant, what you will get is a vacation from the forum.

As I said previously, if something is broke in Fab the developers will fix it, so please wait for someone from the Fab team to respond, or a new release comes out that fixes the problem.
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 07-20-2011, 02:35 AM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi CBR929
                Why would you even want to censor my posts? I'm not using foul language, I'm not insulting anyone...I'm just looking for someone on the Fab Team to respond to an issue I have with the product I purchased. Isn't that what this forum is supposed to be about or is it based on feedback that primarily works in DVD Fab's favor. BTW...this is not ranting...these are legitimate questions I have regarding how this matter has been handled.

ASs for my psost and the ones you deleted....I think you may be deleting them too quickly and not actually reading them. You keep saying that if my trial ended then I must purchase the product....but I've been saying all along that I took your advice and purchased the product. Now I'm in the same boat as I was with the trial version except my wallet is lighter. Thanks CBR929. Maybe you should delete your own posts because they're not adding any value to the situation.

Now, if you're truly only a member like me (who can delete posts and determine what is and isn't a rant)...why do you get to determine what can be posted and what cannot? Seriously, why hasn't anyone from the DVD Fab or the developers even responded to the issues I've been having?

Originally Posted by CBR929
                As I said previously, if something is broke in Fab the developers will fix it, so please wait for someone from the Fab team to respond, or a new release comes out that fixes the problem.

You have NEVER once said that if something is broke in Fab wait for someone from the Fab team to respond or fix it. You've never even addressed my issue...so again, I'll exercise my right to voice my displeasure with the support. If you want to censor me than go right ahead if it makes you feel better.

Let it run for close to 14 hours today and it still didn't rip. Any idea what the problem is?

DVDFab 8.1.0.5 (2011/07/20 07:02:06)

0m 02.16s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
                0m 02.21s: Qt Translator file load success
                0m 58.46s: pathplayer enabled
                2m 04.19s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

2m 04.19s: create config(0)
                2m 04.19s: convert profile(DroidX MP4)
                2m 04.19s: dvd title(2) angle(0) chapter(1->21)
                2m 04.19s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1)
                2m 04.20s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
                2m 05.31s: h264_encode: encode param profile(1) level(21) bitrate(553)
                784m 25.67s: ------ cancel all mobile work ---

Comment

Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                  X