DVD Ripper, avi issue, movies cutoff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hessvr6t View Post
    Thanks 90312, I am just using the video converter option to convert the .avi files I ripped with the -2GB option to a .avi file without the -2GB option. The movies now work just fine in windows media player and windows media center. The conversion takes about 15 mins per file which is fine by me. Thanks again.

Glad it worked for you bud!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      Hi Hexman and trevoraiston,
      Please use VLC or KMPlayer to play the output files. Both are wonderful. What's more, it's really a bug about Fab and our developers are trying to fix it asap. Please wait for the new release.
      Thanks a lot.
      terry5
      Got the new version, rips the full movie but generates an error at the end, though movie plays ok.

BUt new version won't read disks to copy, see seperate looooong thread under dvdcopy!

Trevor

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
        Hi Hexman and trevoraiston,
        Please use VLC or KMPlayer to play the output files. Both are wonderful. What's more, it's really a bug about Fab and our developers are trying to fix it asap. Please wait for the new release.
        Thanks a lot.
        terry5
        I have downloaded the most recent update, 8.1.1.8, and am still having this problem. I will be very disappointed and quite upset if the product I payed for simply will not do what it is supposed to do. Is there a fix for this problem yet? If not, when can one be expected? Does anyone know of a product that will not cause this problem. It is kind of pointless for me to continue to rip my dvd collection for easier viewing, as I had planned, if the ends of all the movies will be cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by McBeers View Post
          I have downloaded the most recent update, 8.1.1.8, and am still having this problem. I will be very disappointed and quite upset if the product I payed for simply will not do what it is supposed to do. Is there a fix for this problem yet? If not, when can one be expected? Does anyone know of a product that will not cause this problem. It is kind of pointless for me to continue to rip my dvd collection for easier viewing, as I had planned, if the ends of all the movies will be cut off.
          Hi I am now using 8.1.1.7 which now rips movies to WMV from hd folder, but will now not read disks on (dvdcopy, lots of posts on this!). So I use one version to copy to HD, one to convert to wmv!

Far from perfect. But my disatisfaction with DVDFAB and other software supposed soluations and the inherant probs with WMV (FFWD & RW no good). I'm building a a dedicated HTPC, from old parts I have around the place, rather than use my Lynksys extender which I'll consign to a bedroom. Just a case a HDMI cabable video card to buy.
          Trevor
          Last edited by CBR929; 08-22-2011, 02:06 AM. Reason: Uneeded comment

Comment

I take that back, I meant 8.1.1.2 How can I get 8.1.1.7? I don't find that anywhere on the site.

Comment

I take that back, I meant 8.1.1.2 How can I get 8.1.1.7? I don't find that anywhere on the site.
              Hi McBeers
              I think it is a typo, there is no 8117
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
              X