No announcement yet.

DVD Ripper, avi issue, movies cutoff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper, avi issue, movies cutoff.

When ripping a couple of movies since buying DVD Ripper I have discovered that the movies are missing/cutoff near the end. I'm using the generic avi setting and leaving the aspect ratio at the default but it appears that if the file size gets over 1.2Gb then the movie gets cut off. The bigger the file size is the more of the movie is missing. Can someone help me with this please?
    Thanks. <Hexman>

Same problem

JUst started using dvd ripper to convert existing folders (creatted with dvdcopy) to wmv so i can stream to my lynksys extender.

But both movies stop 4minutes from the end? Lastest one (brighton rock) timer bar stops at a position of 1:42 with total time movie time of 1:46.

Closed down restarted, sme problem each time?

Happended first time I tried it but, thought that might have been a one odd, maybe not??

Trevor

Comment

Make sure your target drive supports the larger file sizes (i.e. NTFS file system) and that you have not selected any split options on the Ripper edit page.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes my drive (NTFS) supports larger file sizes (there are lsrger files on the disk).

Tried playing wmv directly from PC, same result.

Played original folder copy on pc, no problens,

As I said Iam new to ripper but I am surprised/disapointed with the conversion time, over an hour! Whist DVDFAB copy from DVD was less than12minutes?

Trevor

Comment

I also have the same exact issue

I have ripped about 7 movies in the .avi format. All of them never make it to the end of the movie. Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player seem to have an issue with the files. If you use XBMC or VLC player, the files work with no issue. Any help would be most appreciated as intend to stream from my Windows Media Center PC to every Xbox in my residence. Thanks

Comment

Update

I downloaded latesr release DVDFab8105Qt and ripped again, this time using Xbox profile rather than stndard wmv

This time it ripped with subtitles on?

Film got to same spot (i.e. 4 mins from end) picture pizilated and froze but sound continued??

Went to try and rip again with subtitles off (it was auto selected?), DVDripper alerted me that file existed, did I want to continue, I said yes. Then got a process failed mesaage.

Tried again same result,

Went to tryand manually renove folder but access denied, windows says I need admin permissions but I am admin?

Trying again with standard wmv setting in to a wmv folder.

Will post result

Comment

Uodate 2

Same result in WMP an WMC.

Tried playing both files in realplayer ... audio aonly??

Trevor

Comment

Signals-My drive also supports NTFS and have much larger files that play back fine. I haven't changed any of the settings in the ripper software but still can't get avi files larger than 1.2GB to play back past a certain point. This is pretty frustrating since I want to play these movies on my Archos tablet or laptop when I'm on the road and not have to carry the DVD's around with me. Defeats the whole purpose of why I bought the software.
                Thanks, <Hexman>

Comment

Guys check the audio bit rate on the profile you’re using. Some have a default way too high. I’ve had a few slow down and even stop encoding and just sit there forever, reset the audio bit rate to something more reasonable and they complete and play fine. In case you don’t know how, after selecting the target and destination click the edit button down at the bottom. The audio setup is in a box in the lower left. If the bit rate is above 192 kbps briefly select stereo this will reduce the bit rate, and then select whatever channel you want. I use stereo @ 128 kbps and never see these issues.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Changed audio

It reduced file size, but only got a few more frames towards the end then same results.

Think I'm going to ask for money back, software not working as advertised.

Will try another supplier

Trevor

Comment

Well good luck with that!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Hexman and trevoraiston,
                        Please use VLC or KMPlayer to play the output files. Both are wonderful. What's more, it's really a bug about Fab and our developers are trying to fix it asap. Please wait for the new release.
                        Thanks a lot.
                        terry5

Comment

Also getting this issue

Hi here are the specific settings that create this issue for me - I use the std geneneric.avi(2gp-).divx.mp3 profile and set to a fixed file size - I seem to get the problem if I specify anything over 1000 Mb.

is there a setting that will make sure that this doens't happen on my rips.

Comment

wassb, I tried your method and while the movie completed VLC media player wouldn't open it, broken. WMP did open and play it but it stopped a few minutes from the end. I tried genric.avi.divx.mp3, without the (-2GB) with the video bit rate @ 1800 letting the file size go where it may. The file is 1.45GB which meets your requirements and played fine throughout.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              wassb, I tried your method and while the movie completed VLC media player wouldn't open it, broken. WMP did open and play it but it stopped a few minutes from the end. I tried genric.avi.divx.mp3, without the (-2GB) with the video bit rate @ 1800 letting the file size go where it may. The file is 1.45GB which meets your requirements and played fine throughout.
                              Thanks 90312, I am just using the video converter option to convert the .avi files I ripped with the -2GB option to a .avi file without the -2GB option. The movies now work just fine in windows media player and windows media center. The conversion takes about 15 mins per file which is fine by me. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X