Playstation Jerky Playback 8.1.3.6 - Fine on 8.0.7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Jerky Playback

I'm reluctant to chime in here but ..... This is an issue that goes way back to 8085 which was the last version to produce smooth streaming to the PS3 with the mp4 profile. The issue has been discussed many times in this forum and as far as I am aware unfortunately there has been no fix in any of the versions since 8085. I no longer use this profile for streaming as I'm dumping all the SONY equipment that I have anyway - I now make either M2TS or MKV files for streaming from my NAS drive to a DUNE or WDTV unit

Comment

Confirmed, still an issue on v8.2.0.6 QT

Comment

Confirmed, still an issue on v8.2.1.2 QT

Comment

PS3 Jerky Playback

The only way that you will get a smooth playback for PS3 MP4 files is to use 8085 for the conversion from your HDD copy (M2TS?) to MP4 --- 8085 is the only version which will result in a jerk-free playback stream through the PS3

Comment

Originally posted by whaleshark View Post
            The only way that you will get a smooth playback for PS3 MP4 files is to use 8085 for the conversion from your HDD copy (M2TS?) to MP4 --- 8085 is the only version which will result in a jerk-free playback stream through the PS3
            whaleshark,

Yep, I've been stuck using 8.0.8.5 since the QT track was developed...just hoping that the DVDFab team will identify what's lacking in QT vs the old 8.0.8.5 version.

Comment

Originally posted by whaleshark View Post
              Hi Whaleshark,
              Can you please give instructions on what I would need to do? Do I need use Bleray ripper to file and then video convertor to change from one to the other?

Thanks
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbelton View Post
                Hi Whaleshark,
                Can you please give instructions on what I would need to do? Do I need use Bleray ripper to file and then video convertor to change from one to the other?

Thanks
                Paul
                Paul,

I rip the full structure to the HDD first, then select the PS3/MP4 profile to convert to a .mp4 file. Using 8.0.8.5 of course...

You shouldn't need to convert from one format to another. Just make sure you pull the full structure down first before attempting to rip to whatever format you like.

~C~

Comment

Originally posted by colossus71 View Post
                  Paul,

I rip the full structure to the HDD first, then select the PS3/MP4 profile to convert to a .mp4 file. Using 8.0.8.5 of course...

You shouldn't need to convert from one format to another. Just make sure you pull the full structure down first before attempting to rip to whatever format you like.

~C~
                  Sorry,
                  The bit im confused about now is how to rip the full disk. :-S

Hopefully DVDFAB will sort it out.
                  Its been bust for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by pbelton View Post
                    Sorry,
                    The bit im confused about now is how to rip the full disk. :-S

Hopefully DVDFAB will sort it out.
                    Its been bust for ages.
                    Hi,

Use 'DVDFab Blu-ray Copy' to rip the full structure to your HDD, then use 'Blu-ray Ripper' to rip from your copied structure (on the HDD) to your format of choice.

~C~

Comment

OK Thanks, Now thats double rubbish. We have to buy more products because DVDFAB can't get it working!

Come on DVDFAB!

Comment

PS3 Jerky Playback

Apologies for not responding earlier -- Been working overseas with a very intermittent connection --- here's my methodology
                        1) As I have said before, I've dumped all my SONY stuff due to Cinavia etc
                        2) I now use either my DUNE or WDTV media player to stream my backups over a wired network from a NAS drive to a media player
                        3) I don't copy the 'Full Movie' only the 'Main Movie' as I'm not interested in the bits and pieces that the 'Full Movie' entails
                        4) So, having said all that, my first step is to use the 'Blu-Ray Copy' Module and select 'Main Movie'
                        5) I make the 'Target Drive' a designated folder , ie ' BD Rips' which I have created on my 'D' drive partition (BTW I'm presently using 8182 for this as it's pretty stable)
                        5) This creates all the files necessary for later conversion if necessary. In this case, the actual movie is an M2TS file which I can stream to the DUNE or WDTV media player and which has full 1080P video and DTS master audio
                        6) If I need to convert to a smaller file format, such as PS3/MP4 or MKV, then I switch to 8085 and use the Blu-ray Ripper module to convert the M2TS file to the desired new format
                        7) I normally rip to MKV as this is always smooth and much better that MP4 but I only rip if I am planning another overseas trip and I need the files to be smaller
                        I hope this helps a bit - Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X