No announcement yet.

Intel Quick Sync Artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, tested and found to work perfectly!

Encoding high bitrate 1920x1080 at 110 fps and working flawlessly. Thanks DVDFab developers!

I recently upgraded my CPU to a 2500K and overclocked it to 4.6GHz with a nice big heatsink, so now software encodes run at close to 50fps as well. It's too bad the GPU cannot be overclocked as much, but I will attempt to see if possible.

Comment

GPU overclocking also works

Actually, after looking more closely at ASUS Turbo EVO (I have MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 MB), I was able to overclock the GPU as well, and now running 1920x1080 Quicksync transcode at 150fps!! Quite impressive. Encoding a 25 minute Blu-ray TV sit-com episode took a little over 4 minutes... Intel Sandy (and Ivy) Bridge Quicksync is the best transcoding hardware, by miles and miles.

EDIT: On this system I am able to have a discrete video card, ATI, for better video playback quality (IMHO - better, deeper, natural colors than Intel), and with Lucid Virtu technology, I can still access Quicksync for hardware accelerated decode and encode. This requires the Z68 MB chipset, which my motherboard has.
      Last edited by n808; 03-10-2012, 05:10 PM.

Comment

thank you for your test

Comment

Originally posted by lzk87 View Post
          Hello all,
          Intel Quick Sync is very fast, but the result of encoding is a video with a lot of artifacts and blocks.. is there a way to fix it?

Dvdfab and drivers last version..
          I have the very same problem as lzk87 but with cuda encoding. Is it possible that the people at Dvdfab can look at it.
          I am running an i7 and a GTX560TI video card with the latest drivers. When using cuda it's extremely quick but I loose qaulity

Comment

Working...
          X