No announcement yet.

Intel Quick Sync Artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Intel Quick Sync Artifacts?

Hello all,
    Intel Quick Sync is very fast, but the result of encoding is a video with a lot of artifacts and blocks.. is there a way to fix it?

Dvdfab and drivers last version..

i found an interesting thread about this

Hi. Sorry for my first post being a frustrated one. I've been at this forever and can't figure out what the issue is. I have a DVD collection and I

Comment

Frames out of order with blocky artifacts using QuickSync

I have the same problem with QuickSync. It's 3X faster than software, but produces stuttering video, where some frames appear out of order and with blocky artifacts.

I have tried QuickSync sample applications directly from Intel, using raw files as input and output, and the results are fantastic. Unbeatable speed and great quality.

I wish DVDFab could fix their problem with QuickSync.

I have unfortunately not found any other transcoding software using QuickSync.

Comment

Originally posted by lzk87 View Post
        i found an interesting thread about this

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...oppy-sometimes
        @lzk87: It's a long and confusing thread. I was not able to find any conclusive help. Were you able to get QuickSync fully accelerated (decode + encode) to work without artifacts in DVDFab?

Comment

Do not post links to DVDFab problems in other forums, that is the purpose of this forum. This is the ONLY forum that the developers monitor. Have some patience and you will receive a response.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Do not post links to DVDFab problems in other forums, that is the purpose of this forum. This is the ONLY forum that the developers monitor. Have some patience and you will receive a response.
            Sorry, I quoted the original poster's link - but really hoping for a reply from DVDFab as to the QuickSync problem. Thanks!

Comment

I will see that you get one.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

i haven't post dvdfab problem in others forum

but i hope in a developer / fengtao answer about this problem, quicksync is very good and I hope in a fix

Comment

Additional info: latest version of everything. Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
                  Processors tried: i5 2500t and 2500k.
                  Output: 1920x1080 H.264 / AC3 5.1 448 kbps / MKV container / Fast 1-pass / Target bitrate 2.0 - 2.5 bits/pixel ~= 8-10000 kbps
                  Input: Several Blu-rays. AnyHD HD enabled.

Software transcoding works fine w. above at ~25-35fps . Quicksync runs at 90-110 fps!!, but with above mentioned unacceptable quality problems.

Thanks again.
                  Last edited by n808; 02-27-2012, 10:37 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Turn off the other software, you shouldn't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      Turn off the other software, you shouldn't need it.
                      Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately already tested and found to not make any difference. I can use QuickSync to decode and software encode without quality problems, but only at a fraction of the speed. With QS encode and decode, it's processing at a whopping 120fps sometimes, but unfortunately unwatchable video is the result

The video quality with QuickSync encode has great potentential, I know from personally having tested Intel's sample transcode application on raw file material as part of my job where I develop, analyze and work with video codecs most days

Also, when using DVDFab, those seconds of video that are without artifacts look great, but then every few second there is a frame out of order, with blocking artifacts.

Comment

In this case it may not matter, but DVDFab is not designed to work with on-the-fly decrypters, it can cause unpredictable behavior.

The QA Team has duplicated the problem with QuickSync and passed it to the development staff to be corrected.

Comment

Thank you. Great news. I am looking forward to an updated product!

Comment

thank you dear signals

Comment

new beta is out with a FIX ... can you dear n808 try? for me at the moment it's not possible

bye

Comment

Working...
                              X