Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dexter DVD Issues.. (I see others have problem too)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dexter DVD Issues.. (I see others have problem too)

I am trying to rip my Dexter DVDs in zune format and everytime I try the FPS drops to 0.00. I have tried to rip to my hard drive and it keeps failing. What can I do to copy these? They are the only DVDs I am not able to copy for my Zune.

Sounds like the curse of the WMV. Sometimes you just can’t make a WMV, it’s a MS thing. Try the “ZUNE h.264 aac” selection in the drop down at the bottom and see if that works for you.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I tried that.. It has to be the disc.. Ion't know if there is a way around it.. I dont get an error when I tr to copy it or anything it just starts at like 0.20 FPS and then goes quickly down to 0.00 FPS.. The other guy I read abut was trying to rip to apple tv.. so it has to be the Dexter DVDs.. It's not just the 1st season.. all 3 I try do the same. Its the only on I have an issue with.

Comment

Are you saying that you tried “DVD to DVD” to rip the main movie to the HDD and it failed? Can you post the logs from your failed attempt?

Albert Einstein

Comment

yeah I tried that too.. should I rip the entire DVD menues, etc. and all? How do I view the log? Sorry I haven't had to go in depth with this software cause it has alwys worked so well..

Comment

19:33:04: Analyzing of DVD started
            19:33:04: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
            19:33:04: Copy process started
            19:42:44: Task_1 failed! Error=400()

Comment

Try Disabling PathPlayer if it's on an on if it's off.

Albert Einstein

Comment

it was on and I changed it to "on when necessary" or whatever the setting was I will try off all together.. Should I try DVD to Mobile again or DVD to DVD?

Comment

Don't use on when necessary, either on or off. Try DVD to DVD to the HDD first then make your Zune file from that folder. You may have a bad disk there, remember just because it will play in the set top player does not mean it will backup, two different procedures.

Albert Einstein

Comment

so from there I just use DVD to Mobile from that main disc? Or do I use File to Mobile?

Comment

If it rips to the HDD ok then use DVD to Mobile and select the folder on the HDD as the source for your Zune file. Don't use the disk at all after you rip it to the hard drive.

Albert Einstein

Comment

ok gotcha.. when I rip should I rip the entire DVD or select just the movie part?

Comment

I just use the main movie but it won't really matter. I don't compress, I use DVD-9 when ripping to the hard drive, but that probably don't really matter either. I just think the less manipulation of the data the better, less chance for an error. Have you got a good rip to the hard drive yet?

Albert Einstein

Comment

its ripping now so cross your fingers.. I chose full movie this time but its dvd 9.. if this doesnt work I will try full movie..

Comment

it failed.. went all the way through copying disc and then faile dthis is all the log said:
                              21:02:15: Analyzing of DVD started
                              21:02:16: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
                              21:02:16: Copy process started
                              21:36:44: Task_1 failed! Error=400()

Comment

Working...
                              X