Can't get 7.1 audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Can't get 7.1 audio

I am unable to get DVDFab to produce 7.1 audio. I am using BD -> mkv with audio passthrough. I am leaving the "Remove HD Audio" box unchecked. 7.1 audio always rips to 5.1 no matter what I try. I have tried on multiple different computers always with the same result. This week I installed the latest version of DVDFab on my new computer (completely fresh install) and I still have the same problem.

Is anyone able to get 7.1 audio? If so, what options/techniques are you using?

Thanks!

In Fabs main software settings under blu-ray settings(Click what looks like a gear upper right side when the fab program is open) under blu ray make sure the remove hd audio is unchecked.If it is and you still have problems send in a report to staff in the black bar on any fab page under support click contact their is a form to fill out and send in.Also make sure your using 9.0.2.6 latest fab version as it was broke in some earlier versions

This way they can look at it and see if it needs fixing.I get 7.1 audio using ripper with m2ts files their was a problem a few weeks ago with it i reported it then they fixed it for m2ts so if your settings are correct maybe there's a problem so include a log file so we can see what happened to the 7.1 sound.Look at the files in the fab program where you have it stored on the computer you will see main movie, full disk etc. their you will find log that's the log files with the newest log file for the disk you last did on the bottom.All the files in this list of all the movies you ever did have a log file stored here.Their is also a burn log that's all of the files you burned to disk with the newest log on the top of this list should you ever have a burning problem cut and paste just the log you have had trouble with and include it in a post.
    Last edited by glenns; 02-14-2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I did have the "Remove HD Audio" box unchecked. At one point in time, it was working and I never gave it any though. I can't remember which version I was using then, but I think it was probably about a year ago.

I sent a log tech support. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Comment

I tryed it also no go so it's a bug to be fixed when the Chinese get back from their new years.

Comment

Hi,

Please post your log file.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I think I've figured out what the problem is. The audio is ripping as 7.1 audio, as confirmed by MediaInfo (which comes with spyware, btw, so be careful using it). XBMC uses ffmpeg which cannot detect 7.1 DTS and instead reports it as 5.1, even though there are really 8 channels.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, glenns

How about you? Did you get 7.1 Audio?

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson the audio i got was 7.1 audio it's just the output said no information on power dvd 10.It should of said audio output pcm 8 channels so it could be a power dvd thing.Media player plays it fine 7.1 channels raw output dts hd master.Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X