No announcement yet.

Embedded subtitles no longer working in latest update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just tested "Remux into file" and it works as you said. I can turn on/off the subtitles. On interesting note is the "Remux into file" produces white text subtitles, while "Direct render to video" produces yellow subtitle text. I think I like the yellow subtitle text the best.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by TitanFan; 05-08-2013, 07:14 PM.

Comment

What colour are they on the original disk?

Both procedures should give you the same.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

The original disc has yellow subtitles. I checked the mkv files with VLC and saw the white subtitles on the file created with the "Remux into file" option. I just checked with TotalMedia Theater and interestingly, I did have a menu option to enable subtitles like I had in VLC. Not sure what is going on there as I clearly see the subtitle stream in the MediaInfo report. Maybe TotalMedia Theater can recognize the subtitle format.

If VLC is a good test, the I will say I'm getting different color subtitles than what I see on the original disc.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanFan View Post
          The original disc has yellow subtitles. I checked the mkv files with VLC and saw the white subtitles on the file created with the "Remux into file" option. I just checked with TotalMedia Theater and interestingly, I did have a menu option to enable subtitles like I had in VLC. Not sure what is going on there as I clearly see the subtitle stream in the MediaInfo report. Maybe TotalMedia Theater can recognize the subtitle format.

If VLC is a good test, the I will say I'm getting different color subtitles than what I see on the original disc.
          I should have said that TotalMedia Center *did not* give me an option the select the subtitle stream, while VLC did give me the option.

Comment

Just tested another movie, "Hairspray", and the subtitles had white text on both the disc iso and mkv file. So that one is consistent, unlike "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End", which had yellow subtitle text on the disk iso and white subtitle text on the mkv file.

Maybe this is some kind of bug that only appears on certain movie encodings?

Comment

Working...
            X