Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Embedded subtitles no longer working in latest update

Hi there,

I'm using DVDFab 9.0.3.8 and am having a problem with the subtitle feature that used to work in a previous release.

Movie: Life of Pi (3D)
    Source: ISO from Bluray
    Issue: forced subs (English) are not being displayed (when selecting direct render to video). The .sub .idx files are extracted, but no subtitle information is 'burned' into the video
    Settings: 2D or 3D, MKV file with AC3 audio output

I have tried almost every setting combination, and know this worked without issue in a previous version including the same source ISO

additional information - files attached

Hi there, I have attached all the pertinent files to help with the troubleshooting...

dvdfab_internal.log

output file.txt

source file.txt

Comment

Subs not working either

I am having the same problem with avi rips.
      The direct render doesn't work, not extracting. The extraction files are there, but they are empty.
      My current solution is to use version 8 to embed my subs.
      I also posted this problem, but have not been replied to yet.
      I don't think Subtitles are on the top of their list.

Comment

As not forced subtitle in this source, so if you choose "Display only forced subtitle", there will be no subtitle shown while playing back.
        If you do not mark "Display only forced subtitle", the subtitle seleceted will be shown.
        Please make sure whether there is forced subtitle in the disc. If it do have, it will be shown in internal log.

Comment

The Direct Render of subs works fine in v9.0.3.8, see the capture attached from Gangster Squad. As Terry5 said, if the disc has no forced subs and you select Display only forced, there will be nothing in the files and nothing rendered into the output video.
          Attached Files
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the same problem with most recent DVD to remux subtitles into files. Remux works with older DVD but not for instance with life of PI, Skyfall, and others.
            how to remux subtitles into an MP4 file? Does that work with multiple subtitles languages?
            Thanks

Comment

Do not hijack threads or you will get a holiday from the forum.

I answered you in your other thread.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have the same issue as I have set subtitles to "direct render to video" in the mkv.default profile. Yet, when I convert my Blu-ray iso to mkv, I don't get any subtitles in my file. Confirmed with MediaInfo and VLC. I *do not* have the box checked in the common setting/conversion for "Always display only forced subtitles". I'm using BD Ripper 9.0.3.8.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Comment

Did you mean "Remux into container" instead of "Direct Render"?

The "Direct Render" is working fine here for me but not "Remux".

I use "The Da Vinci Code" as my test because I can also test "Forced Subs" on it easily.. And they work fine also.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm editing the mkv.default profile and under the subtitle tab, I set "Enable Subtitle", and "Direct Render to Video". Under support, I select "Render" and "Extract".

I'm testing "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End". When I play the title I ripped using Blu-Ray Copy, I have subtitles in my Blu-ray iso. I don't get them in my mkv file after using Ripper with the mkv.default profile. Since it's working for you, I must be missing something. Any ideas?

Comment

Here's the relevant info my log file. You can see the subtitle entries are:
                      "Subtitle Mode(Render) -- Display only forced Subtitle(false)"
                      "0m 50.36s: info: subtitle stream[4608][codec(pgssub) language(English) opcode(render)]'
                      "0m 53.40s: info: connect to sub render filter success."

Seems like everything is okay in the log file, but I don't get any subtitles in my mkv file.

0m 29.41s: Work Profile : mkv.default
                      0m 50.29s: Start check Blu-ray Ripper (3D Plus) register status.
                      0m 50.30s: End check Blu-ray Ripper (3D Plus) register status: Enable
                      0m 50.30s: OPList at BD Ripper : (4113.2),(4352.2),(4608.8)
                      0m 50.31s: Blu-ray ripper (3D Plus) check watermark flag: 0
                      0m 50.31s: ------------------ convert work begin(1/1) ------------------
                      0m 50.31s: info: create config(bluray2video)
                      0m 50.31s: info: use profile(mkv.default)
                      0m 50.31s: info: bluray playlist(0),angle(0),chapter(1->28),BDAV(no)
                      0m 50.31s: info: 3D working_mode(disable), 3D format(sbs_lef_right)
                      0m 50.36s: info: video stream[4113][codec(h264) opcode(compress)]
                      0m 50.36s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
                      0m 50.36s: info: audio stream[4352][codec(pcm_bluray) channels(6) sample(48000) bitrate(6912000) opcode(compress)]
                      0m 50.36s: info: Subtitle Mode(Render) -- Display only forced Subtitle(false)
                      0m 50.36s: info: subtitle stream[4608][codec(pgssub) language(English) opcode(render)]
                      0m 50.38s: try to use gpu acceleration(2) for video decoding
                      0m 50.38s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
                      0m 51.39s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(9981)
                      0m 53.40s: info: connect to sub render filter success.
                      0m 55.42s: info: processing source(00001.m2ts)
                      96m 02.75s: try to use gpu acceleration(2) for video decoding
                      96m 02.75s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
                      96m 02.76s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(41) bitrate(9981)
                      96m 11.80s: info: connect to sub render filter success.
                      96m 13.82s: info: processing source(00001.m2ts)
                      191m 46.40s: audio_decode finish job
                      191m 49.41s: audio_encode finish job
                      191m 52.99s: ------------------ convert work finished ------------------

Comment

okay, I just tested again, and I think I must have missed something in my first test. VLC is playing the mkv file with forced subtitles and I can't turn them off!

So, the subtitles are in the mkv file, but there is no menu entry for turning the subtitles on/off, and the file is playing with subtitles on. MediaInfo doesn't show a subtitle track like I normally see in my other video files. See attached MediaInfo report.
                        Attached Files

Comment

If you are rendering them into the file, they become part of the video and you can't turn them off.

Comment

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Makes sense. I was assuming the subtitles were another track like the iso file I created with Blu-Ray copy. If I select "remux into file" instead of "Direct Render to Video", will that give me a separate subtitle track in my mkv file?

Comment

Yes it will and then you can turn them on & off.

Some profiles don't allow remux though.

Comment

Working...
                              X