No announcement yet.

doesn't utilize all available CPU threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old thread, I know, but I have a related question.

Re: "CPU Cores running for DVDFab", is it referring to physical cores, or the number of logical processors?

I have a 6 core i7 with 12 logical processors, and the option in DVDFab goes to 12. Does it see "12" or is that just the upper limit for v.12 at the moment?

I'm personally very sick of DVDFab hogging every ounce of my computer's resources, even after getting it to use the GPU. So far, I seem to be able to control that a little better by limiting it to a lower number with this option.
    Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 08-23-2022, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post
      Old thread, I know, but I have a related question.

Re: "CPU Cores running for DVDFab", is it referring to physical cores, or the number of logical processors?

I have a 6 core i7 with 12 logical processors, and the option in DVDFab goes to 12. Does it see "12" or is that just the upper limit for v.12 at the moment?

I'm personally very sick of DVDFab hogging every ounce of my computer's resources, even after getting it to use the GPU. So far, I seem to be able to control that a little better by limiting it to a lower number with this option.
      It sees the logical CPU.
      Normally decode uses CPU, while encode uses GPU which should not take up too much usage either.
      About the still use CPU while set to use GPU, we will need the latest log files to better check.

Comment

Working...
      X