No announcement yet.

Trouble with video/sound sync...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will tell you the way I do it, I'm sure there are other ways. I rip the DVD to the HDD always and then drag and drop the folder onto MediaInfo, a free download, and it lists the frame rate. See attached:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay I ran 2 passes, with 9.0.6.0 and 6.04.0 and both failed towards the end again, I matched the frame outputs and still the lip syncs are way out of wack...again, towards the end of the movie. Giant is a long movie, on 2 discs, the first disc syncs perfectly, the problem I am having is with the 2nd disc.

Comment

This is my opinion on two pass so take it for what it's worth, a waste of time and file space and twice the opportunity for something to go wrong.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry, you missed what I said, I ran it twice, with different versions of DVDFab, with 9.0.6.0 and 6.0.4.0 and both failed towards the end, even with matching the frame rates.

Comment

I see, I got what you said I missed what you meant

Albert Einstein

Comment

Are we ending the thread then, with no other suggestions? Have you looked at this problem? I have tried multiple computers and found the same problem over and over again, that is with older movies, where the audio/video fall out of sync towards the end of the movie.

Comment

Hi tswifte
                As a work around you could always try an older version of Fab, like 8085 Download DVDFab 8.0.8.5

Hope this helps
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Here are the Giant avi settings...

Notice anything wrong? Still not having any luck at all, with build 8.0.8.5.

I did a screen capture and attached the Giant.jpeg.
                  Attached Files

Comment

All:

Build 8.0.8.5. certainly was the best at audio/visual sync, almost perfect, a little loss at the end, but not enough to cry about, thank you.

Comment

I'm using 9.0.6 and the way I get around the sync problem (or at least most of it) is to first use DVDFab Copy to create an iso file on the hard drive then rip that iso file. I see very little sound sync doing that. It takes longer then ripping directly from the dvd or blu-ray but it works.

Comment

Okay thank you, how do I create an iso file and then I rip it just like normal, using DVDFab Copy?

Comment

Correct
                          I always copy main move to hdd fist
                          Then open source on hdd for ripper
                          ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Copying the DVD gets my vote too on difficult to sync movies. As has been said already it seems to be the older discs that are a problem.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                            X