No announcement yet.

9.0.7.0 Option to "Remove HD audio" missing from passthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 9.0.7.0 Option to "Remove HD audio" missing from passthrough

When I use mkv.passthrough I always remove the HD audio portion of DTS Master and TrueHD, but this is no longer possible in 9.0.7.0. The option (checkbox under audio track when selecting audio tracks) sometimes disappeared in the previous version as well, but in 9.0.7.0 it seems gone forever.

Any workaround, or do I need to downgrade?

After loading a movie in Fab click advanced settings here as you see in the screenshot.You check the box for keeping hd audio the same as the movie if unchecked it won't have the hd audio.
    Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks, but I am afraid that option
      (1) is not available when doing passthrough, your screenshot is from non-passthrough. In passthrough it is grayed out.
      (2) The same option does work in non-passthrough to choose Copy video and encode audio, but then the audio gets re-coded to AC3 or aac. There is no option to passthrough core audio and remove HD audio.

So 2) is better than nothing, but I'd still like back the option from 9.0.6.8 to passthrough everything except the HD part of the audio track.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	309741

Comment

I took a screenshot of audio copy mkv and have no grayed out areas in advanced settings where do you see grayed out areas or controls?

Comment

Yes, like I wrote, in non-passthrough mode, you can choose to copy video by checking Copy for video (passthrough) and re-encode audio to a different format, by un-checking Copy audio and selecting AC3 or aac to re-encode to. Whether the check box is grayed out or not does not really matter. The option does not do what the old option to remove HD audio did. Instead it re-encodes the audio to a different format. For most Blu-rays, having DTS HD Master, DTS (1536 kbit/sec will then get re-encoded with loss of quality to AC3 448 kbit/sec) Preserving the original core audio is what I want, be it DTS for DTS HD Master or AC3 for TrueHD.

The missing option is well described in the dvdfab link below, which also explains how DTS Master and TrueHD contains two parts, the core audio and the HD audio, which combined provides uncompressed audio. I want to remove the HD audio part and preserve the core audio part, not re-encode.

The described option is no longer present in 9.0.7.0.
          Last edited by n808; 10-06-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Now i see settings grayed out.The developers will have to put this back in future releases as the feature is described in their own blog.Good find.Just use the version that worked for you for now.
            Last edited by glenns; 10-06-2013, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Select the audio stream(s) you want to passthrough here and uncheck the others:
              Attached Files
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Again, does not do what the missing option did. Sorry. Please read the information I provided.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for:
                  Attached Files
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Awesome! There it is, new location. Thanks!

Comment

Confusing when they move things here it is in screenshot for 6068 fab

Comment

That's fine - I should have looked over all the options again. When I first upgraded to version 9 I could not figure out how to achieve this feature, it was nowhere in options, the most logical place IMHO. Then I searched and found the blog post I provided, and was happy I did not have to move back to 8. Since those (few) who use this option, probably use it all the time, the most logical place to put it is where it's at now. Always on, no need to remember to check it every time. Besides, in 9.0.6.8 the checkbox would sometimes disappear if not checked right away, and I would have to restart DVDFab to get the checkbox back. So the new location is a great choice.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

We will fix the issue ASAP.
                          Sorry for this.

Wilson
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, but what if i want to keep the primary track untouched and remove HD audio only for second/third track?
                            I think an option should be given. I rip my blurays keeping the primary audio intact and removing hd extesnions from other languages i want to include in the ripping.

Comment

Remove HD Audio

When you select Passthrough's profile, or in the advanced settings, select the "Copy Audio", you can select whether to remove the HD Audio, all other cases, DVDFab will transcode the audio and automatically remove the HD Audio.

You can also refer to the following method:

Comment

Working...
                              X