No announcement yet.

Elysium - no forced subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that may be helping to cause all this confusion is that PGS Subtitles (BluRay) are not officially supported when muxed into the MP4 container.

Neither is SUB/IDX (DVD) but there was a Nero hack that allowed it.

Most hardware & software players subscribe to the official MP4 specs, not the hacked Nero or Apple miscarriages.

Besides this, the studios assist the confusion by not adhering to any standard making it extremely difficult for Fab to even make an educated guess.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 02-04-2014, 06:40 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Once again this will not work correct on two software players that I know of making a MKV using passthrough.

VLC player will play a few of the subs not all and it will flash some up so fast you can't read them.This player gets them wrong no matter how many times you test it.The complete list of sub titles for Elysium is posted in the Capt.Phillips topic get them and do the test with the 1st chapter you will see it just doesn't work with this software player.

Power dvd 11 doesn't work at all no subtitles are recorded what so ever.
      Settings are exactly as signals says using no black arrow,checking the second set of subs and checking forced in the pull down and the other forced subs in Fab settings unchecked remux subs into file and PGS subtitles.I spent many hours testing this with the same results for these two software players.

Comment

Did a MP4 same settings this time VLC gets it correct BUT YOU MUST TURN THEM ON they don't play by themselves.When you turn them on only the forced subs will play.

Powerdvd 11 gets it wrong no audio or subtitles when you call the onscreen settings up with the remote but the audio does play.

Micca media player plays the video choppy while the audio plays normal no subtitles.Elysium full disk blu ray tested region 1 or A.

Comment

@glens

I don't fart around with all this if I really want subs.

I just do a full disk copy to the HDD, and make a MKV with NO subs.

I then extract the subs I want from the HDD disk copy.

I then mux them back into the MKV with MKVmerge marking forced, etc where appropriate.

I usually end up with a Sub Structure like this in the MKV.

Sub 1. English Forced Subs
          Sub 2. English - Full Subs
          Sub 3. Spanish Full Subs
          Sub 4. Indonesian Subs
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Wizard of oz: Yes but your a wizard theirs members that would like a Fab solution and a simple way to do it.Your way would not be simple to most newer user's and those that are use to having the subs play correctly.

Theirs also those who asked for it to work with the Micca media player using only Fab.I heard the peoples cry for help a lot goes on behind the main forum in PM's also.I came up with a workaround for this using only Fab.

It's quite different from normal and somewhat shocking for some people to understand but sometimes thinking outside the box help's like i did with this workaround by going against all logic and using the extract to idx setting and using it on a blu ray to get forced subs to work for the Micca media player.This way may also work with other media players.So I have a solution or workaround for MKV and the Micca media player.

The full disk will work in Powerdvd11 software player with forced subs so I can use that to play from computer using Signals solution.

Comment

Hi,

It's an known issue that the forced subtitle does not show when select "Display the forced subtitle only" option with remux subtitle output in DVD Ripper.

It's should be OK if when select "Render to video" or "idx/sub files" subtitle output.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X