No announcement yet.

DVDFab v9.1.5.0 crashes and quits while opening Avatar BD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab v9.1.5.0 crashes and quits while opening Avatar BD

Hello

DVDFab v9.1.5.0 crashes and quits while opening Avatar BD (french release)...
    Any idea why ?
    Have no issue with similar 3D movies.

Inlcuded logs.

Cheers
    Last edited by Thalys; 02-02-2017, 09:11 AM.

Try the new version of fab 9151 let us know if that works.

Comment

Same behaviour with 9.1.5.1 beta; crashes and quits while opening the BD disc.

logs included.

Cheers

Comment

same issue with 9.1.5.2...

Comment

Originally posted by Thalys View Post
          same issue with 9.1.5.2...

Hi, please save the crash report and post here if one is generated. Thank you very much.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I don't find any memory dump (Windows 7 64bit - latest updates) but the event viewer shows this error:

Code:
            Event 1000, Application error:

Faulting application name: DVDFab.exe, version: 9.1.5.2, time stamp: 0x5392e17d
            Faulting module name: DVDFab.exe, version: 9.1.5.2, time stamp: 0x5392e17d
            Exception code: 0xc0000005
            Fault offset: 0x0075d90e
            Faulting process id: 0x2c08
            Faulting application start time: 0x01cf8666f2aef1f4
            Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe
            Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe
            Report Id: 7acb8264-f25a-11e3-b90a-f46d0457fcba
            Exception code and fault offset may help.
            Cheers

Comment

Try version 8 of fab http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB8
              Let us know if it works.

Comment

Have same issue with v8. It crashes and quits while opening the disc.

Code:
                Faulting application name: DVDFab.exe, version: 8.2.3.0, time stamp: 0x52b55c76
                Faulting module name: DVDFab.exe, version: 8.2.3.0, time stamp: 0x52b55c76
                Exception code: 0xc0000005
                Fault offset: 0x0072c02e
                Faulting process id: 0x1d4c
                Faulting application start time: 0x01cf86dba5355b32
                Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe
                Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\DVDFab.exe
                Report Id: 1d27ce2a-f2cf-11e3-bad3-f46d0457fcba
                I don't think of a defective disc as it plays without issue on my BD-player and PS3.
                Also have tried to rip on another PC (with AMD video card): same issue.

Here is the link of the purchased BD on Amazon France:

Cheers

Comment

0m 41.58s: error curl get: Couldn't resolve host name
                  I did see this in your version 8 log try to put the disk on the hard drive first then convert or burn from their use clone/burn output to hard drive 50 gigs to put the disk on the hard drive then convert or burn from the cloned iso you made by putting it back in Fab.Make sure the disk is clean and no deep scratches on it as that will prevent it from copying even if it plays.You drive is no longer sold and no updates for it.

Comment

No luck Glenns, it doesn't work with the same error.

Have copied the BD to my local drive 91,4 GB (using the explorer) without issue.
                    With v8 or v9 it crashes and quits the same way while opening the folder on the local disk.
                    Something seems special with this disc....

log v8 & v9 included

Cheers,

Comment

(quote) Have copied the BD to my local drive 91,4 GB (using the explorer) without issue.

I don't understand this how did you get the disk to your hard drive?

You must put the store brought disk in the dvd/blu ray drive then open Fab and let fab take the copy protection off and copy to drive from within the Fab program.Fab puts the disk from your disk drive to your hard drive not explorer.
                      Is this something you downloaded from the internet or disk you brought from the store?
                      Last edited by glenns; 06-13-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Have made the copy using the Windows explorer (all folders of the BD disc drive D: to a local folder on E: hard drive)

I cannot use DVDFab to copy the disc to the hard drive as it crashes while opening (analysing) the disc , so I cannot choose any option like copy, rip, convert, etc... the chicken and egg issue !

This is an official BD disc purchased on Amazon France (see given link in my previous post above)

Cheers

Comment

just to be clear... a screenshot

Comment

I don't think your going to be able to open those files with fab.Is their no Fab crash report when it crashes this is a generated by fab report that comes up and will send the report to fab if you let it thats the report we really need if one comes up it tells developers what went wrong.

Please make sure the crash report is checked in fab settings as the screen shot shows try again from disk in drive with the crash settings checked then see if a crash report comes up.We need the information it has cut and paste the information in it to a post.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by glenns; 06-13-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Your screen shot shows a windows message I am looking for a crash report that the fab program puts up on screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X