Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like a great program.

What is your work flow?

Do you make a mkv archive with all subtitles and then look into the MKV?

ISO?

Looks like you could even get very creative with changing the actual text of the subtitle. That could actually prove to be very entertaining.

Comment

Nik: I wouldn't put it past Fab to fix such a problem.After all Fab is Fabulous right?

Why not put it in the Fab suggestion topic and see if maybe the Fab developers can look at it?

If you can do it using a free program I don't see why it can't be a choice in software to look at all subtitles the way the free program does and then pick the forced by logic choice.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
        It would be nice to have an easy way to quickly check which blurays do sub titles like this, the forced is actually a stand alone "subtitle".
        There's no easy way cause forced subs can be authored differently.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
        MultiShrink
        : DVD Shrink batch processing
        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

How about Fab scan films bits to help find forced subs.
          Attached Files

Comment

That looks like a great program.

What is your work flow?

Do you make a mkv archive with all subtitles and then look into the MKV?

ISO?

Looks like you could even get very creative with changing the actual text of the subtitle. That could actually prove to be very entertaining.
            I'm still using DVDFAB8 because I like the UI better. So my workflow is:

1. Check mark by any English language subs when I do the rip to MKV. This creates a .idx/.sub pair of files as well as the MKV.
            2. Feed the .sub file to SubTitle Edit and work out where any forced subs have been encoded and save them to a .srt file (which is a plain text file, so yes you can edit it if you want.)
            3. Use MKVmerge to mux the .srt file into the MKV file produced by DVDfab.

Comment

DVDFab will show the process info for the froced subtitle when DVDFab detect the forced subtitle in converting.

a separate track that has only forced subs none of which are flagged as forced (e.g. Kill Bill Vol. 1)
              Did you check the "Display the forced subtitle only" option when converting?
              Please uncheck the option and try again.

Wilson
              Attached Files
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

"forced subtitles"

Yes, checked it. Didn't work for Kill Bill. That's because the subtitle tracks for Kill Bill that are the forced subtitles, is structured as if it is a regular subtitle.

If you check "forced" you get no usable subtitle.

For Kill Bill you have to select the second listed English subtitle track and do NOT check "Forced".

Then it works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  Did you check the "Display the forced subtitle only" option when converting?
                  I'm thinking along the same lines... Which I why I suggested that jsmiddleton4 supply us with a detailed MediaInfo file report for his encode
                  I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
                  I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Please feel free to Yahoo or Google Kill Bill subtitles. As you scroll through the pages and pages of hits your search will generate you will learn as I did how to archive Kill Bill so the subtitles will display as if "forced".

There is a spread sheet of disk that are assembled just like Kill Bill in which that which we think of as "forced subtitles" is actually a stand alone subtitle and if you select "forced" in any ripping software you get no subtitle to display.

The link to that spread sheet is on AVS Forum.

Comment

Thanks Nik. I'll give that a try. Nice to have the step by step.

DVDFab also does external subtitles and will mux them into the file once you have the external srt file. I've not done it but have seen the option.

Comment

Please feel free to Yahoo or Google Kill Bill subtitles. As you scroll through the pages and pages of hits your search will generate you will learn as I did how to archive Kill Bill so the subtitles will display as if "forced".

There is a spread sheet of disk that are assembled just like Kill Bill in which that which we think of as "forced subtitles" is actually a stand alone subtitle and if you select "forced" in any ripping software you get no subtitle to display.

The link to that spread sheet is on AVS Forum.
                        I generally work on the principle that if there is only a single English subtitle track then selecting Forced will work. If there are multiple English subtitle tracks then it's a lottery and I use the method I outlined earlier in this thread.

Comment

That could be the "secret". Would take some quick testing but I know I have some blurays that only list one English subtitle track and for those "Forced" works as desired.

Kill Bill as you noted has two English tracks listed and for me it is the second track that performs as if it is actually the forced.

When selecting the second English track but making the MKV using the option to include the subtitle in the video, that also for all intentional purposes functioned as the way Forced works.

No matter what the subtitle setting is you see the intermittent translations "forced".

So in Kill Bill I know I am going to be beaten like a dog because I don't speak Chinese..... regardless of the subtitle option on my media player.

Comment

Working...
                          X