No announcement yet.

subtitles show/hide function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper subtitles show/hide function?

Trying to copy a DVD/BluRay to iPod/iPhone5s/iTunes gives the problem that the subtitles are copied fixed into the film-image. In the Apple-menu then I can find selection for the language only but missing the other one for "subtitles + CC" totally. I am missing the possibility to display or leave out the subtitles while playing on iPod/iPhone. Loading a film from other source, like iTunes-Store, there is the spoken language selection together with the selection of the subtitles. How can I change behaviour that i can show and hilde subtitles in final stream when I use DVDfab Ripper also?

Originally posted by MED-MEDIA View Post
    Trying to copy a DVD/BluRay to iPod/iPhone5s/iTunes gives the problem that the subtitles are copied fixed into the film-image. In the Apple-menu then I can find selection for the language only but missing the other one for "subtitles + CC" totally. I am missing the possibility to display or leave out the subtitles while playing on iPod/iPhone. Loading a film from other source, like iTunes-Store, there is the spoken language selection together with the selection of the subtitles. How can I change behaviour that i can show and hilde subtitles in final stream when I use DVDfab Ripper also?
    I would like to know the answer to this as well if possible with the appletv preset. Basically I want the option to turn on or off subtitles. The appletv preset has the option to remux the subtitle into file which works perfectly when playing on my pc's video player but does not work with the Apple TV settings. Anyone have any idea how to get this done?

Comment

You already can turn subtitles OFF or ON in general

"Basically I want the option to turn on or off subtitles."
      You already can turn subtitles OFF or ON in general: There is a fly-out where you can see all subtitles. There you can select "none" (here in german: "keine") at the first place.
      The only thing missing is that the final file that is used on iPhone etc. usually shows NO subtitle at all OR the selected one. You can not supress the subtitle then any more, you can NOT select another subtitle.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MED-MEDIA View Post
        "Basically I want the option to turn on or off subtitles."
        You already can turn subtitles OFF or ON in general: There is a fly-out where you can see all subtitles. There you can select "none" (here in german: "keine") at the first place.
        The only thing missing is that the final file that is used on iPhone etc. usually shows NO subtitle at all OR the selected one. You can not supress the subtitle then any more, you can NOT select another subtitle.
        Not sure you understand what I mean or I understand what you mean. As I said earlier selecting a subtitle language and going to advanced settings and selecting remux the subtitle into file works perfectly when playing back on my pc giving me the option to turn on and off but when playing back the file to my appletv I see only the forced subs.

Comment

Working...
        X