Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the problem the program, the set-top player or the user or a little or each?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I've been able to work out, the issue has something to do with how the streams are muxed into the .MKV container!
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I would love to have Fab tech support staff attempt to duplicate this issue. As a work around, I have been using MKV set to highest quality. It takes approximately 8 minutes to transcode a typical movie from the hard drive. The DVD subs lack a text appearance and are heavily bit mapped (jagged) but I am very pleased with the video quality.

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
        As far as I've been able to work out, the issue has something to do with how the streams are muxed into the .MKV container!
        I've just tried the same DVD.mkv files (that stall on my Oppo via HDD) on two on my LG televisions and two Panasonic televisions. And they play fine!

So perhaps it is more of an Oppo issue. It might be an idea to send a sample to Oppo
        I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
        I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

I will call them Monday and send them whatever they need.

Comment

I sent an e-mail to OPPO detailing the issues and requested a call back on Monday. Instead, I received an e-mail (Saturday night) which skirted the issues and several e-mails later, when support finally understood what was going on, they recommended a free competitors program for a solution. They completely missed that the DVDFab MKV profile works. It's the MKV Passthrough profile that is the problem for the OPPO.

Since the MKV profile works flawlessly and the add (+) button is fantastic, I can live with the situation. The inability to use Passthrough is not a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Working...
            X