Windows 10 HEVC CUDA Hardware Decoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    As you can see here the CPU is only 35% or so involved in the process Chameleon:
    I would love to know how you are doing it, obviously I cannot come close to your results, I cant even get Fab to say H265 in the left hand information tab, very frustrating to say the least, I would love to see your setting in A/V Codecs.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Here you go, and I'm making MKV files if that makes a difference. And mine doesn't show the h.265 until I hover on the vertical line column separator and drag it to the right making the left column wider.
      Attached Files
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay, you are correct, the 980GTX enables HEVC H265 just like 90312 said it does. In fact it will encode at over 200FPS and I did a 21gb Bluray to H265 in less than 8mins. The shame of it is that the GTX 960 has the same ability and if you are not a gamer and just want to use Cuda all you need is the GTX960 for 200USD and not the GTX 980 which is for gaming and encoding. I wish thgis would be enabled for the 700 series , I have a very expensive GTX780Ti Classified Dual Bios card but Cuda is not enabled for encoding with this card, it absolutely a driver issue, and I wish the developers at Fab could get the developers at Nvidia to make this happen. Not many of us are like myself and 90312, we are avid gamers and builders and have powerful machines, the majority of Fab user do not even know how really great this program is.

Comment

Okay guys with the help of 90312 I have figured out this whole CUDA enabled thing. I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is that it works great with the GTX 980 but will not decode it will however Encode which is the important part of the Ripper to begin with. I got almost 400FPS and an 8 min Rip on a 21 Gb Bluray to 500mbs. Now I took a chance and went out and bought a GTX 960 , the results were even better. But the encode was only 300FPS and the same disc took 9 mins.
          I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. Thank you 90312.
          Attached Files

Comment

Not sure what I did to help you pal, but you are certainly welcome!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay I got it to work fine with an EVGA 960GTX and a 4770K and a 4790k build. So I tried it on an older but more powerful 3960X build and no go. The 3960X build will not even recognize DVXA. It seems only to work on 4 core CPUs, in Windows 10.

Comment

Have you tried changing Fab from 12 to 8 cores?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Have you tried changing Fab from 12 to 8 cores?
                  No, where is that setting?

Comment

click common settings - general - CPU cores running for dvdfab.

Comment

Here is what I see with the 3960X CPU and the 960GTX. Its not the computer it the program because on another program DVXA is fine. I have tried different builds of Fab and also Nvidia drivers going back to the beginning of Windows 10. Plus it does work with a 3770K computer and a 4770K, and a 4790Kbuild. I changed the cores, I wonder if you have to reboot when changing the cores?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Chameleon; 03-09-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

either try restarting dvdfab or try restarting your computer.

Comment

Did both. Thank you for trying to help me. I appreciate it.

Comment

Well the issue with the 12 core build was on my end. I just kept uninstalling programs that I though had codecs that might interfere with Fab. It took me 2 days and installing and reinstalling GTX960 video cards, I have to tell you I am beat, but the issue was not Fabs at all, it was with the full version of Adobe Professional. I am a very happy camper now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Glad you found it bud!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X