Harry Potter Blu Rays: audio out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Harry Potter Blu Rays: audio out of sync

DVDFab 9.2.2.6, other blu rays rip just fine. Discs 1 & 2 from Harry Potter 8 film collection blu ray pack have audio at least a half second out of sync. Have tried multiple settings multiple times, but no luck. Ripped Penguins of Madagascar right before this, with same settings, and it was perfect. No other BD or DVD software installed. Unsing Windows 10, 64 Bit, Intel Pentium CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz. 8.00 GB RAM. This is a clean install of Windows. I do not use this PC for anything else but DVDFab. Standard DVDs rip perfectly. Any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Why MPEG4 and not H.264?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Didn't think much about it I guess. I just didn't change the settings after ripping a standard DVD. Do you think that could be the reason?

Comment

It could I suppose, in my experience it likely has more to do with the AAC audio. Does your playback device require AAC?

Albert Einstein

Comment

It does not. I test the file after ripping in Windows Media Player. But have been playing all my standard DVD ripped files (MP4s) on either my Android phone, iPhone, or a Kindle tablet. Since last post I have tried H.265 and the time estimate was over 16 hours. Have tried other variations on audio, such as MP3, but no difference.

Comment

Try an H.264 with AC3 audio and if that is out of sync I don't know what to tell you. Post your internal log.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, I'm trying it now. Although the Time Left shows about 19:30:00. I'm not sure this is thr way I want to go. I'll post results and log file when it finally finishes. Thanks for your help, 90312.

Comment

Originally posted by mpython226 View Post
                Thanks, I'm trying it now. Although the Time Left shows about 19:30:00. I'm not sure this is thr way I want to go. I'll post results and log file when it finally finishes. Thanks for your help, 90312.
                What hardware are you using for the rip, my Buray rips typically take less than 30 minutes

Comment

LG Blu Ray drive. HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS29. Have had no other timing issues with it when ripping. Just when setting it to H.265

Comment

Originally posted by mpython226 View Post
                    LG Blu Ray drive. HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12NS29. Have had no other timing issues with it when ripping. Just when setting it to H.265
                    For the record I was thinking more of the system detail such as CPU and GPU, the Bluray drive is non-issue. That said, the encoding time problem is because you've selected h265, set it to h264, not h265. There is no hardware support for encoding h265 so it takes forever at this time except on a small number of NVIDIA graphics cards. You may also find playback problems with h265 on many devices that either can't decode due to lack of an h265 codec, or that have to rely entirely on the CPU to decode which will kill battery life on any mobile device.

Comment

Working...
                    X