Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Slowish CUDA and Language selection issue

Hi Folks,

Just purchased myself DVDfab today and after some initial hiccups I can safely say I'm pretty happy with it. I have however a few issues that I hope someone could help with.

I tried to backup 'Minions 3D' today and had to shutdown AnyDVD-HD because DVDfab complained about it. After inserting the movie DVDfab only displayed the french audio selection and no others. I then restarted Anydvd-HD and voila, all the languages were available. I was forced to keep it running in the background because of this language issue. It just seems as if AnyDVD-HD does a slight better job of analysing the disc than DVDfab.

Another issue I discovered is although I don't get CUDA crashes like I got when I tried other earlier versions, The fps speed is not as fast as it used to be. I have all settings enabled and it seldom goes over 40fps (sometimes dipping as low as 27fps). It's as if CUDA says its enabled but not really working correctly. I have an i5-3570K and GTX770 (Asus P8Z77-V motherboard with 8gb). It's a nice little system and quite snappy for games and other uses, but I cannot fathom why the older versions/trials of DVDfab seemed slightly quicker. Could it be the Nvidia drivers I am using (v361.75)? I just hope I don't have to keep uninstalling and installing older versions just to improve things.

I am also saving all backups to my Samsung 256gb SDD drive, so no problems with a slow drive.

Any help appreciated!

Odd, I updated to 9.2.2.8 and video to v361.75 this morning and it seems to have picked up the pace for me
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I didn't mention but I was using the 9.2.2.7 beta. I am now going to test the 9.2.2.8 official and see if that makes a difference.

Incidentally, what is the normal kind of fps for a reasonably fast pc like mine? I don't run other tasks while it's backing up my discs, so nothing should be getting in the way.

Thanks again,

P.S How the hell are you getting fps like that???? now it makes me think I have more problems than I thought.

Comment

Official 9.2.2.8

Nope, still getting just French language with this Uk release of Minions 3D. Very annoying. I also see that the multi channel is missing as well. Nothing I do can give more than stereo or mono (that's with AAc and AC3). There is something it's not doing that Anydvd-HD seems to be doing ok. I know the program tells me to shut Anydvd down, but I am forced to use it because of these missing languages.

Also, why does the resolution option only give a max of 1920x1040 ?? this is with different titles, not just the one. Is this info taken from the disc? I tried changing it but it always changes back.

Comment

If you use AnyDVD with Fab you can expect unpredictable results and you don't need it. If you feel you must, then rip to the HDD and use the folder or iso image as the source then close it out before Fab. We can't compare our system's results, I have more horsepower and was only comparing my own previous results. I'll hunt up a 3D BR around here and see if there is a problem?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Their is no Cuda or Quick sync help for full 3d movies

Quickest way is to not compress full 3d movies use main movie or full disk.If compressed then Fab will use software only no matter what the settings are set in the Fab program. Fab will use software only unless making a non full 3d movie like a side by side 3d movie then you can use the cuda or quick sync and it's very fast on a I-5 or I-7 computer.About 20 mins. on a I-7 computer.

Comment

I am getting unpredictable results from dvdfab anyway.. no english language/surround selection :/

But if I rip the disc to an image on the SDD surely it will give me the same issues with lack of language and channel info.. just like the actual disc itself???

UPDATE:
              Ok, languages are ok now. Have no idea what I did. Just wish it was a bit quicker. The lightning feature is on but doesnt seem to make a big difference. Ho hum!
              Last edited by ymo1965; 02-02-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X