No announcement yet.

Audio Out of Sync - Anchorman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have sync errors with the files you made from disk with anydvd on.
    Start fresh from disk with any dvd off and only use Fab to decode and make the mkv conversion from disk. i see now your including hd audio in your newer logs so you got that set correct.If this doesn't solve the problem post the conversion log from the disk.

49m 38.43s: info: processing source(00031.m2ts) 79m 53.40s: error: read data sync error
    87m 02.27s: error: read data sync error
    112m 26.75s: info: bluray read data end

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      You have sync errors with the files you made from disk with anydvd on.
      Start fresh from disk with any dvd off and only use Fab to decode and make the mkv conversion from disk. i see now your including hd audio in your newer logs so you got that set correct.If this doesn't solve the problem post the conversion log from the disk.

49m 38.43s: info: processing source(00031.m2ts) 79m 53.40s: error: read data sync error
      I've been doing most of the conversions from the local HDD because its faster, takes about 1.5 hours from the BluRay compared to like 30 minutes from HDD. The issue still happens from the BD, do you really think that is still a cause when it also happens from the original BD?

Post 3 has log from original BD disc.
      Last edited by rytomi; 06-18-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Post 3 log is from one drive and it has the errors also;

Take the disk and make a clone copy then convert from it as the files your using contain the sync errors.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
          Post 3 log is from one drive and it has the errors also;

Take the disk and make a clone copy then convert from it as the files your using contain the sync errors.
          Just to clarify a clone copy - take the original disc and use DVDFab to write an identical copy to a blank BD50? I have a burner so that could be done if that's what you're saying.

I should note that the original disc play on the PC and BD player with no issue, and the preview function in DVDFab has the audio synced properly, its just the output files. I'm currently making an MKV with Cinavia turned off as suggested above.

Should I try a different file format, such as MP4?

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            In common settings uncheck this box and try a couple chapters:
            This had no effect.

Comment

Output the 50 gig clone to your hard drive then convert from their use the latest Fab version and same mkv settings.

Comment

New and interesting development... Using the M2TS passthrough profile the file is created correctly with no audio issues. Problem with M2TS is can't preserve chapters.

I'll try MP4 next, but I already know with that there's no HD audio.

Comment

MP4 has same audio issues as MKV.

I'm now cloning to HD from original BD using DVDFab as suggested, then will try to go to MKV again.

Comment

Last night I cloned the original BD to an ISO file on my HDD. Then tried the MKV convert again from that and it is exactly the same, audio is several seconds ahead of the video.

I tried another free utility online called BDtoAVCHD and made an MKV using that utility in a passthrough mode just like on DVDFab, and it came out correctly. It just doesn't give me all the options I want (ability to include multiple audio streams, for example).

There is clearly a bug in DVDFab that is causing this issue. Log file attached. Not sure what else I can do to convince you guys that there is a bug in the program here that is causing this issue. I'm on the latest version 9.3.0.5 as of this morning.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Could be a bug but this is putting up a unusual log that staff will have to look at.In the mean time whenever version 9 of fab fails i try it with version 8qt that can be downloaded from the front page.It's no longer supported but works very well and being this is a older blu ray fab version 8qt is a older program so give it a try until staff gets a look at your log files.
                      You may want to post the clone log also to see if their was any errors making it in the log as you had sync errors in most of the other logs.
                      Last edited by 3dman; 06-19-2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

I'll try the version 8, and in the meantime wait to hear back I guess.

Comment

DVDFab 8Qt produces the same result as DVDFab 9, except with less options like including PGS subtitles and multiple audio streams. Guess I just have to wait.

Comment

Audio Definitely out of Sync

There is definitely an issue (saving as MP4 with 9.3.0.5) on a number of Bluray discs (not all). I had to revert to an older version of the software (9.2.3.5) to resolve the problem. The video and audio durations on the MP4 are out of sync so the audio sync gets much worse as the movie progresses. The MP4 files are also, weirdly, much longer than with earlier versions of DvdFab. The problem files can be fixed relatively quickly using VirtualDub to equalize the video and audio timings - but this should be unnecessary! Awaiting a fix!

Comment

The movie Lock Up has the exact same issue as Anchorman.

Comment

The issue is still there in latest DVDFab 9.3.1.0 with both Lock Up and Anchorman.

Comment

Working...
                                X