not converting entire movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) not converting entire movie

I am trying to convert my BD disks to MP4 and put them on an internal server at my house.

I am using beta ver 9.3.1.4 but was having the same issue with the official version as well. This has happened on more than one movie. It starts to convert the movie and it looks like it is working fine and even shows it will take 40-50 min to convert. After 10-20 min it stops and says it has completed the process and the disk ejects. But when you go to watch the movie it only has 15 to 20 min of the movie.

The two movies I know this is happening on are The Bounty Hunter and The Hurt Locker. I have converted around 50 other movies with no problems.

Can someone please help?! Please let me know if there is anything else you need or suggestions you would recommend. I was reading other posts and it appears I am not the only one having issues but the movies are all different. I was unable to find a solution reading the other posts. I have disabled pathplayer even though it's only for DVD's and that did not make a difference. Again, any help would be appreciated!!
    Attached Files

Here's a guide if you need it - http://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial/Convert-Blu-ray-to-MP4. Have you tried to copy the disc to your hard drive first
    And then convert to MP4 ??

Comment

Thank you for the guide. That does appear to be all the settings I have selected.

I have ripped the entire movie to the hard drive as an .iso and tried it and it didn't make a difference. Should I be putting it on the hard drive as a different file type?

Comment

Click common settings - AV codec and slect " disable all gpu codecs for decoding and encoding and switch everything to software.
        Retry the disc again.

Comment

Hi kcmiltz
          You're receiving read errors please clean the disc and try again.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Well I did what you suggested and turned off all GPU and everything was selected as software. But I got the same result. I tried another disk (Salt) and it copied 1+25 but the entire movie is 1+49. I have a log from before turning off the GPU and after. It gave me the same result both times.

I tried to clean the disk as recommended but didn't see anything wrong with the disk, which is why i tried a different one. I just tried Shutter Island and it did the same thing. It doesn't copy the whole movie. I did Red Eye as well (which was a DVD) and it worked perfectly.

I appreciate the help.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kcmiltz; 09-10-2016, 08:30 PM.

Comment

are you copying full disc or main movie ??

Comment

I am trying to just copy the main movie. I even went into the edit settings in order to make sure that it wasn't somehow setup to be cropping the end of the movie.

Comment

update your intel HD graphics driver.

Comment

I have updated the driver in question. Got the same result as before. I am attaching the log here.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Try version 8qt of fab it's on the front page also you can try to make a mkv with version 9 to see if theirs something wrong with the mp4 profile as your getting a sync error.
                      52m 22.60s: error: read data sync error
                      Did you use the store brought disk and make a cloned iso with Fab first if so lets see
                      that log file try this if you didn't.

Comment

I have tried the suggestions above to no avail. I was unfortunately unable to find the original log for when I copied the disk the first time from the original disk. It was originally a store bought disk converted on DVDFab. I believe it was on a computer that I no longer own.

I did try and create the MKV in DVDFab 9 and it has the same result. The movie is stopping at 1+25.

I then downloaded DVDFab 8 and tried to convert it. Originally I didn't turn off the GPU acceleration and the conversion failed. I then turned off the GPU acceleration and it was able to convert but it again stopped at 1+25. I am attaching the entire log for DVDFab 8. After 45 min I stopped the first attempt.

I am leaning toward it is just this disk but the issue is occurring with multiple disks. Is there anything else on my system that I need to check or update to prevent this from happening?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Try doing a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and run a
                          Good registry cleaner, Restart Computer And Reinstall Dvdfab
                          With the latest version.

Comment

I have this disk (salt) and it converted fine to mp-4 with fab version 9 all 28 chapters.Does your disk play to end of movie in player?

seems even version 8 only see's 16 chapters in your log file.The only difference i see is I used lightning shrink and a Fab made cloned iso disk and you may not be able to use lightning shrink with your computer processor even though we both have quick sync as its not showing in your logs at all lighting shrink seems to work with or without it checked marked in Fab settings in my latest version 9.

Your other posted disk log for the other movie has read errors so it may be dirty or scratched up.

Comment

52m 22.59s: info: processing source(00157.m2ts)
                              52m 22.60s: error: read data sync error
                              53m 13.87s: info: audio_decode finish job
                              Get error when reading the disc from your drive.

0m 30.67s: Burn engine: 0- D:\ [PIONEER BD-RW BDR-209D 1.30 (Scsi)].

Please update the drive firmware first and see the result again.

I think that you have to use another BD drive if it still has problem after updating the drive dirmware.

Hope this help you.

Wilson
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X