v10.0.1.1 2 pass H265 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eureka... worked.

So it copied fine and plays... so now I'm confused as the disc plays fine in VLC???

Turned path player off and same results as on... now back on. I would be surprised if there is any sophisticated security measures as it is not a recent or mainstream TV show.
    Last edited by ToxicStar; 11-29-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

v10.0.1.1 2 pass H265 working

Connect error fixed. I turned my computer off and disconnected the Hard disk that holds "My Documents" folder. Restarted and completed a two pass file. Then shutdown and reconnected the hard drive and restarted. Versions 9 and 10 now running 2 pass H256.

Comment

Norm:Glad it's working again though I have to ask where you learned that troubleshooting method disconnecting the hard drive is not something most would of thought of.Was it a external drive?

Comment

Hi ToxicStar,

I'm not sure that why this happened on your PC, but I would like you to try this when converting.

- Use the orignal MP4 profile.
          - Rename the output file name and change the new target folder, all are English and not have any specific symbol.

Thanks!

For now, I can confirm that DVDFab does not filter the specific symbol (e.g. ?, / which unsupported in Windows) when rename the file, and will output to the empty file. but not sure that your problem is also caused by this.

And I will also do some trying here.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

... failing again.

I ran some rips overnight. Two discs in separate drives... the remaining episode on the Morse disc I used earlier and another Morse disc in my second drive. When I checked this morning none of them had created a file.
            Log file dated 29/Nov

closed and restarted DVDfab and did another single episode... same results logs are dated 30/Nov.

Going to restart PC... and revert to default MP4 profile and rerun with Eureka as it worked yesterday and is sort test run.
            Attached Files

Comment

Next test cycle
              • Rebooted PC
              • Picked MP4.fault
              • Picked a new sub folder
              • C:\Users\admin\Documents\DVDFab10\Video\V10Test
              • Picked a single episode and did not rename default file name.
              • Didn't change any profile settings.

Run....
              DVDFab created folder
              C:\Users\admin\Documents\DVDFab10\Video\V10Test\Vi deo\A_TOWN_CALLED_EUREKA_DISC_1

That worked... now repeating with screen resolution changed.
              Attached Files

Comment

... failing on multiple rips

Single episode default sets - works
                Single episode only change the video size - works

Multiple with video size changed and title edited... fails.

Trying a multi-episode rip with no changes.
                Attached Files

Comment

... final test results

Multiple no changes worked... stopped after first of three rips.
                  Multiple with video size change worked... stopped after first of three rips.

Multiple with name and video size change... allowed to run but only 2 of the 3 rips produced a file.

Logs and screen captures attached.

Now re-running the third rip again to see if it will work on it's own. (update::: it did work)

Suggestions welcome.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ToxicStar; 11-30-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

... fault identified.

It think I have now identified the issue.

It is the text pasted from Excel (2013) into both V9 (RIP fails after 50%) and V10 (no file created) title field.

I noticed if I cut text from Excel an extra blank field is added to the end of the title text in DVDFab. If I delete this character the rip works fine. Not an issue into any other software I use.

I assume V9 is smarter in detecting the file failed to create and stops on the first pass. A feature missing in V10 and less obvious that the rip has failed, since it claims the rip worked. One to add to the feature backlog for V10. However the issue is the same in both.

I sadly cannot attached the Excel files I used but would be happy to email them to support if you want them.

I have now ripped all the episodes I had issues with historically.

Issue closed from my perspective... I have a work around until the problem is fixed.

Comment

... update v10.0.1.3

The latest release seems to spot, warn and remove the "special" character.

Still one the wiser why it has the problem still.

Comment

Hi,

Could you please send your excel to us? mona@dvdfab.cn

Thanks!

Wilson
                        Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

... excels sent as requested.

enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                          X