Endless ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Endless ripping

Recently, I started to think about converting my DVD/BD collection to network storage and to save the space, I am considering conversion to MKV.
    I decided to test the DVDFab and copule DVDs and BDs went perfectly fine but, to my surprise, I found a series of BDs that DVDFab cannot convert at all. As example, I can specify Black Sail Season 1 and Season 2. I didn't try other seasons because every episode hit the same issue and I just dont want to waste my time.

Here is the problem:

I have set ripping to MKV (H264, Frame rate same as source, no split, no deinterlacing/deinterlacing, High quality 2 pass, Subtitles remuxed into file, with/without CUDA support from GT730) and first pass went fine. On second pass,
    - conversion wouldn't go past 52%, sometimes less than that
    - Frame rate fell rapidly to 0Fps (and dissapear from screen),
    - elapsed timer continued to run and
    - time to finish went to zero.

this condition took forever with no sign about any wish to finish. Process has to be cancelled. As I said, every single episode has the same issue.

There is no issue if I set ripping with MKV.Passthrough

Any suggestion?

Couple questions:

- is there something like "compatibility list"? What HW is recommended ?
    - Is there any "recommendation settings" for various scenarios, like 3D MKV ripping?

Hello Dule_b,

Regarding the ripping problem, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_intenral.log file, I will pass them to the developers so that they can figure it out for you.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

dvdfab_internal.log is dramatically shortened because of size limit for attachments. Those 180K lines that are cut off are similar to each other and It seems to me that there is a problem...

Best regards,
      Dusan
      Attached Files

Comment

0m 17.08s: Failed to load fabvm.dll with error 193
        0m 17.08s: biupath eror m_pBluray = NULL error = 183
        We notice this info in the log file. Please kindly wait for DVDFab 10.0.8.9 beta version and then try again with the new version.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

I did install 10.0.8.9 version but it seems to me same issue remains but different flavor. Now, first pass complete, second starting like before up to 52% and then FPS failing rapidly to 0 (and disappear) but now, after 40+ minutes ripping declare SUCCESS and produce ~160 K output file. I am attaching log file as well as 2 screenshots..
          Attached Files

Comment

I don't know where log is but here it is in this post...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello dule_b,

We don't have the same movie for testing now, please use 1-pass to have a try and see the result.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

I will stick with last disk (3) in the series 4 because there is some extra material that doesn't have any issue with the described problem.

So Scenario is following:

first I start 2-pass ripping. As soon as process switched to second pass, a minute later on 52% job done, Encoding Fps started to fall down. Five minutes later, after reaching 0 Fps, I cancelled the task. Then ripping of extra material started and successfully ends without single issue.

Then I repeat whole thing again, now under default 1-pass encoding. Both chapters successfully ended

Notes:
                I did select just one episode and chapter with extra material in both scenarios.
                I am testing this in trial mode.
                After installing V10.0.8.9, I lost ability to change any ripping features. This remains the issue in V10.0.9.0
                Attached Files

Comment

Which one you have?
                  1-pass is successful.

Comment

All files are same. Latest logs contain 2-pass and 1-pass together.

Comment

Hello Dule_b,

Please check PM, thank you.

Mona

Comment

PM ? Sorry, what is PM?

Comment

Originally posted by dule_b View Post
                          PM ? Sorry, what is PM?
                          After you login DVDFab forum, please check the right top corner area to find out message(s) you received.
                          Please see image attached.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	PM.png
Views:	152
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	353411

Mona

Comment

first I start 2-pass ripping. As soon as process switched to second pass, a minute later on 52% job done, Encoding Fps started to fall down. Five minutes later, after reaching 0 Fps, I cancelled the task.
                            UPDATE:

We have downloaded the file and tested it, we could not reproduce the problem.

Mona

Comment

I did install trial version on my laptop and I have same issue there. On my desktop I cannot edit anymore profiles: I would like to try different values and, for example deinterlacing. Little wrench key is nowhere to find. I did try to reinstall DVDFab but no help. What happened?

Comment

Working...
                              X