DVDFab 10.0.9.2 64bit Encoding FPS goes to 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 10.0.9.2 64bit Encoding FPS goes to 0

I've been using DVDFab Ripper for several years. Recently every movie I rip (I have purchased every movie I rip) the encoding starts high and then goes to 0 (zero). I have tried many settings with the same results. I have also disabled CUDA with the same results. I odd thing is that the DVDFab Mini 64bit works but I need the full product to use special functions. I have also uninstalled the nVidia driver and DVDFab and reinstalled but I get the same results. I have attached the log file to this post. "Please" help with this....
    Attached Files

try going back to an earlier nVidia driver

Comment

If he has tried by disabling CUDA (i.e. using software decoding/encoding via CPU) then perhaps the video driver would not really come into play, right? He also states that mini works, but not the full version, so I may be wrong, but again it doesn't sound like its a video driver issue.

Comment

I have tried the following versions of the nVidia drivers...v384.76, v388.71 and v397.64 (always a clean install to remove previous files). Each time I made sure I uninstalled DVDFab and rebooted before installing both nVidia drivers and DVDFab...

Comment

I forget an important thing...I upgraded from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 v1709 (OS Build 16299.248)

Comment

So are you saying all worked fine under Windows 7, but you started having issues when you went to 10? Since this is a DVDFAB support forum, and not Windows, I don't want to get into Windows issues here, but did you simply do an update, or a clean install? You might have some app/program running that is causing problems/conflicts running in Windows 10, but ran ok in Windows 7 (I personally experienced this on one of my PC's last year).

Comment

Originally posted by TheBarman View Post
              I forget an important thing...I upgraded from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 v1709 (OS Build 16299.248)
              try right clicking on the dvdfab 10 icon - click properties - click compatibility and select compatibility mode for windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try right clicking on the dvdfab 10 icon - click properties - click compatibility and select compatibility mode for windows 7
                I was only suggesting the above because there might be another program conflicting. Since DVDFAB runs fine under Win 10, I don't believe its a compatibility issue. When I upgraded one of my PCs from Win 7 to Win 10, and then subsequently to the Creators Update, an older version of Acronis I had previously installed under Win 7, gave me problems with DVDFab regarding drive access. Acronis ran fine by itself, and DVDFab ran fine when Acronis was disabled, but with it enabled, I had random read/write issues with DVDFab (not sure why since other programs seemed to run fine). Once I upgraded Acronis to the then latest version (17) the problem went away, so he may have some similar situation with some app he had previously had installed. Worth a check anyway.

Comment

Thanks, but no luck. I tried the compatibility mode but got the same results (0 FPS). I also ensured that no other programs were running. Any other recommendations would be great.

Comment

try clicking common settings - then in the general settings area click the factory default settings button in the lower left corner of
                    the general settings area, restart dvdfab and retry your encoding again. see if that helps.

Comment

@TheBarman

We are checking the problem. Please post fabcheck_internal.log file as well. Thanks.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

Please see the 'fabcheck_internal,log' attached...
                        Attached Files

Comment

This happens to me too RANDOMLY under Windows 7, with or without hardware accelleration. Sometimes is stops at 3%, sometimes 5%. When it fails, I cancel out, start it again, and sometimes it works. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries. Its very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyZ View Post
                            This happens to me too RANDOMLY under Windows 7, with or without hardware accelleration. Sometimes is stops at 3%, sometimes 5%. When it fails, I cancel out, start it again, and sometimes it works. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries. Its very frustrating.
                            Hi TrickyZ,

Please post your dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file as well. Thank you.

Regards,
                            Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi TrickyZ,

Please post your dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file as well. Thank you.

Regards,
                              Mona
                              Had to delete about half of it, hope this is under the upload limit...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X