No announcement yet.

Soft subs no longer working properly on mkv rips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the update, we will check again.

Comment

Ok after working on this for, what, a week now, with the help of yourself and Faith we got it figured out but not fixed. The problem I guess you could say is what program is being used to play back the mkv. Some players play back the soft subs correctly if a GPU was used to create the mkv and some do not. Unfortunately, Plex does not transcode the subs correctly if a GPU was used to create the mkv and that's where I need it to work the most. If the GPU was disabled Plex does transcode the subs properly. On the PC I can tell if the subs will work on Plex by playing the mkv in VLC. If they don't work right in VLC they won't work right in Plex. If the GPU wasn't used to create the mkv the subs play OK in VLC and Plex and every other player.

If a GPU was used to create the mkv FabPlayer will play about 90% of the subs correctly but not all of them. So far, the only player on the PC that I've found that plays all of the subs properly when the GPU was used is PotPlayer. But needing subs on movies through Plex because I don't watch the movies on my PC I'm still stuck not being able to use the GPU to create the mkv's I need to be able to see the subs on.

With the GTX 560 I could use the GPU to create the mkv and the subs would play back OK using any player, including Plex. This just started when I got the 1060.

Comment

Working...
      X