MKV H265 10 Bit and subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV H265 10 Bit and subtitles

If I rip directly to standard MKV with passthrough audio and include subtitles the subtitles are only displayed when I choose to display them, yet if I rip to MKV 265 10bit and include subtitles they are always displayed. i am using audio same as source and tried all the subtitle options and still get them unless I choose none when ripping.

Can anyone advise on how to get this to work as intended.

thanks

I just made a 10 bit MKV to check this using 10.2.0.9 remuxing the subs and they work fine. I'm using the 32 bit version of Fab.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      I just made a 10 bit MKV to check this using 10.2.0.9 remuxing the subs and they work fine. I'm using the 32 bit version of Fab.
      I'm using the 64bit version, I'll update to the new release tonight and see what happens. Under the subtitle section is there a particular option to use, as even when doing the preview the subtitles were showing.

Comment

I've already got 10.2.0.9 installed - just retried another movie setting the subtitles to remux into file, pgs subs and selecting the first english subs and setting this to forced only - which isn't showing subs, will try the next movie with forced and normal only

Comment

This is what I use, and note the arrow just to the left of the checked box this turns the subs on by default. If you choose to remux you'll have to turn them off with the player if the arrowhead is present and the opposite is true if not. Click image for larger version

Name:	Sub.png
Views:	283
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	358346
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            This is what I use, and note the arrow just to the left of the checked box this turns the subs on by default. If you choose to remux you'll have to turn them off with the player if the arrowhead is present and the opposite is true if not. Click image for larger version  Name:	Sub.png Views:	1 Size:	6.4 KB ID:	358346
            I'm just retrying assassins creed as even though told it to remux the first subtitles for english, whether i turn them on/off in plex they don't show.

redone and choose both subtitles for this movie and now got them working as intended - have to choose the second set of subtitles for it to display only for foreign languages
            Last edited by walkerx; 08-20-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X