Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to turn off the setting "Forced Subtitles" setting in the profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to turn off the setting "Forced Subtitles" setting in the profile?

I have already cleared the checkbox in Common Settings/Conversion/Always Display Only Forced Subtitle, but every track I select still has Forced Subtitles checkbox selected. I want that gone, and saving the profile doesn't persist that change. How can I do this please?

Thank you!

When you open the disc, the first screen, clear these. They are checked by default now for some reason?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	subs.png
Views:	909
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	362513
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by menkalos View Post
      I have already cleared the checkbox in Common Settings/Conversion/Always Display Only Forced Subtitle, but every track I select still has Forced Subtitles checkbox selected. I want that gone, and saving the profile doesn't persist that change. How can I do this please?

Thank you!
      Currently, you can disable this forced subtitle option for every title before you click on the START button. We will improve/solve it in the future.

Comment

Good to hear! Thank you! Looking forward to that fix!

Comment

Hi,
          Any update on this fix/feature? I have DvdFab 11 (x64), version 11.0.2.4. But the option "Display only forced Subtitle" is still checked by default. I am always converting BL folders to MP4 in batches (10, 20 movies at a time) so having to go through the list to remove the option every time I add a source to the task list is very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by vbcomer View Post
            Hi,
            Any update on this fix/feature? I have DvdFab 11 (x64), version 11.0.2.4. But the option "Display only forced Subtitle" is still checked by default. I am always converting BL folders to MP4 in batches (10, 20 movies at a time) so having to go through the list to remove the option every time I add a source to the task list is very frustrating.
            did you try clicking common settings - streams - subtitle - click "do not preselect any subtitle track" or "do not select any track" ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

did you try clicking common settings - streams - subtitle - click "do not preselect any subtitle track" or "do not select any track" ??
              I never thought that would remove the "Display only forced Subtitle" option. Part of the reason I didn't try it because I still wanted it to select my choice of subtitle language in the available subtitle list. I will try it tonight. If it works, it seems that selecting "Do not preselect any subtitle track" will also NOT select any language by default for me, right? Currently it auto selects "Display only force Subtitle", but it also auto selects my language choice, which is fine by me.

Comment

Just tried that option. Bad choice.

That option is global, so it applies to all movies. So lets say I already have 5 movies in my task list, all have "EN" as subtitle, "Display only force subtitle" is off. Now I add movie #6 to the task list, the app immediately changes all previous movies to have "None" in subtitle. I will then have to go back in the list and change every single movie back to have "EN" as subtitle, and remove the "Display only forced subtitle" option again.

Another issue related to subtitle, probably a bug, as I describe below:
                I have my Common Settings/Streams/Subtitle set like this:

Name:	dvdfab_sub_01.PNG
Views:	861
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	366779

When I add a new movie to my task list, the app SOME TIMES automatically changes SOME of the previous movies on the list to have DEFAULT subtitle settings ("Display only forced subtitle", "EN"). This looks like it is totally random. Some times it changes all the movies on the list, some times just a few, some times doesn't change anything. It might have something to do with the fact that the task list takes 5, 10 seconds to update, during that time, I click on a few things on the list. I am not sure, my point is adding a new movie to the task list shouldn't change any settings of the previous movies.

Name:	dvdfab_sub_02.PNG
Views:	794
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	366780

Comment

sorry that last tip didn't work,

Comment

Originally posted by vbcomer View Post
                    Hi,
                    Hi, please go to Common Settings > Conversion > Convert, unmark the option "Always Display only forced subtitles". See attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

sorry that last tip didn't work,
                      At least I could say I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post

Hi, please go to Common Settings > Conversion > Convert, unmark the option "Always Display only forced subtitles". See attached.
                        I just unchecked that. Will try again tonight with another batch. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post

Yeah. That option (or actually uncheck that option) works perfectly. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                          X