Rip to MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip to MP4

This is the first of two issues that I believe is just a configuration setting (the first issue here I think is, I think the second issue is something else). When I rip to MP4 and play from my Plex server the image is not full screen. It is in wide-screen format, but there are black areas all around the image- does not stretch to fit the screen. Is there a setting to have it play in full screen? The second issue I'll have to post with a log and it's happened on the last 3 movies where halfway through the audio is out of sync with the video, but when I burn the same ISO I created the MP4 (which is what has the sync problem) when I burn it to DVD everything is totally fine, video is full screen and the audio is in sync through the whole movie...but I'll post that later.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help/suggestions!

Originally posted by funreviews View Post
    This is the first of two issues that I believe is just a configuration setting (the first issue here I think is, I think the second issue is something else). When I rip to MP4 and play from my Plex server the image is not full screen. It is in wide-screen format, but there are black areas all around the image- does not stretch to fit the screen. Is there a setting to have it play in full screen? The second issue I'll have to post with a log and it's happened on the last 3 movies where halfway through the audio is out of sync with the video, but when I burn the same ISO I created the MP4 (which is what has the sync problem) when I burn it to DVD everything is totally fine, video is full screen and the audio is in sync through the whole movie...but I'll post that later.

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help/suggestions!
    The QA team checked your issues.

For problem 1, please play the MP4 in VLC player to see if it has black borders. You can adjust the VLC window to see if it indeed has black borders or if the black borders are added by your player. Or, in DVDFab, go to 'Video Edit', choose "Crop aspect ratio" as Original to convert and then play to see the result. I sent you a screenshot for "Original" setting.

For problem 2, what is your source file exactly? A ISO? A Mp4? Please upload the dvdfab_internal log and send us a source file to test it out. I sent you a PM about how to upload the source file, thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

BTW, tried changing the cropping to Original and the same black space around the video occurs. Also tried using DVDFAB10, same thing. What is weird is that when I ripped The Mule it ripped the video correctly- but the audio still gets out of sync. I skipped an hour into it when I did a quick check, but usually it starts getting out of sync about 30 minutes into it...this probably did the same thing.

Comment

BTW, tried changing the cropping to Original and the same black space around the video occurs. Also tried using DVDFAB10, same thing. What is weird is that when I ripped The Mule it ripped the video correctly- but the audio still gets out of sync. I skipped an hour into it when I did a quick check, but usually it starts getting out of sync about 30 minutes into it...this probably did the same thing.
        "the same black space around the video occurs" - For this, please capture a screenshot on your side to show us it more visually, thanks.

Does the black border show on the video's top-bottom and right-left? If all, please send us a source file that has the black border issue and the audio out of sync issue to test it out, thanks.

You can load the original disc into Copy option, choose the main movie title to copy it as a ISO file. Then convert from the copied ISO. If you can reproduce the black border and out of sync issue, please upload the ISO file to us.

Please remember to delete all your logs and then copy and convert the disc again. And forward us the latest dvdfab_internal log, thanks.
        Last edited by Ashley; 04-08-2019, 08:49 AM.

Comment

@funreviews

Hi, you set the resolution as 1920*804, thus it will add black borders.

We test it on 1920*1080, and the output file does not have black borders. Please try this setting and let us know the result, thanks.

Comment

I don't have that option for this ISO, 1920x804 is the highest. I have another ISO that I ripped to MP4 and it is the same (1920x804), yet it plays in widescreen with no black borders all around the picture. So, I don't think that is it. I'm using the same configuration as far as the MP4 output file, but the image displayed on some have a border all around the movie, while some are just across the top and bottom (normal). And, it's random as far as what the output looks like.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	outputmp4.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	367163
            Attached Files

Comment

I don't have that option for this ISO, 1920x804 is the highest. I have another ISO that I ripped to MP4 and it is the same (1920x804), yet it plays in widescreen with no black borders all around the picture. So, I don't think that is it. I'm using the same configuration as far as the MP4 output file, but the image displayed on some have a border all around the movie, while some are just across the top and bottom (normal). And, it's random as far as what the output looks like.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	outputmp4.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	367163
              Thank you. This feedback has been submitted to the QA team.

BTW, you can highlight the current resolution to delete it, then manually put down another one.

Attached Files

Comment

OK. I'll try editing it and using 1920x1024, but, as I said before the 1920x804 works fine on other movies. So, I don't get why it's only working intermittently. Plus the fact that when I burn the ISO to DVD it plays/displays correctly both audio and video. Any news on why the audio gets out of sync? I haven't tried the Handbrake rip, yet. Sorry, I'll try and get to that tonight or tomorrow and get back to you.

Comment

Working...
                X