Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planes (2013), audio & video hiccups/skips randomly. Other titles too, but not all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Planes (2013), audio & video hiccups/skips randomly. Other titles too, but not all.

Hello,

I've been having issues with a few titles. Sometimes the title will rip to a container no problem. Other times, there are audio & video hiccups or skipping and its random. It's not the discs, they play fine in a physical player. I've tried multiple software players (DVDFab Player, VLC, Windows Media Player, etc) and the results are the same. Again this only happens on random titles, not all of them. I will go into detail as to what I've done and tried and the results:

Information and what I've done and tried:

1) Latest DVDFab DVDCOPY & DVDRIPPER update as of now is installed (fresh install).
    2) In DVDRIPPER, I turn off Pathplayer. I have used MP4/AVI containers. I copy the audio and keep the AC3 format, no compression. I embed any subtitles directly.
    3) I have used DVDCOPY to copy the entire disc to ISO container. I have ripped the AVI/MP4 from this to ensure it was not the DVD drive.
    4) I have tried different quality data rates, from high quality to custom values that are higher and lower to see if it was a throughput issue, but it all resulted the same.
    5) I have used CUDA (nVidia) to process and also disabled all GPU encoders and used strictly CPU process, and the result is the same.

With this particular title, Planes (2013), when I load the ISO of the full DVD copy and preview it in DVDFAB, it plays without any skips or hiccups! But if I encode it to an AVI/MP4 it skips and has hiccups. So its not the disc. It's clearly something with the encoding process.

This has also happened with several other titles, including Wreck It Ralph, the Incredibles, etc. It's random though, and does not happen on all of my titles.

Looking for what else to try to correct this issue?

Thanks!

Very best,

We need your dvdfab log files to help analyze the problem. Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.
    You can refer to the image attached for info about how to locate the log file:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	open log folder.png
Views:	138
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	369515

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have followed the link's instructions and highlighted and culled the data in the internal log file to just the date with the Planes title's attempts (date 6/20/19 in the data) so that you can see all the information on the attempts both with the ripper and the DVD copy method and then ripped from the hard drive after copying from the DVD disc, etc. I've also attached the fabcheck log.

Thanks,

Very best,
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the info, we will try to get the same source to test it out.
        I check your log file, and you were using profile(AVI.Default), I do not see log session for mp4 conversion. Did you try other profile like mkv or mkv passthrough? Can it work?

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Did you try other profile like mkv or mkv passthrough? Can it work?
          Hello,

I just tried ripping to MKV and it has the same skipping issue.

When I just load the ISO container into ripper and hit the preview play button, there's no skipping or sync issues at all. So the disc and ISO from it are fine. Something else is wrong with the ripping process or encoding process.

Again, when I load the ISO container into the ripper suite, pick the title, select any container and settings, and just hit preview play, there's no skipping or sync issues. The issues only show up after ripping/encoding to AVI and MKV so far using H264 and audio-copy (AC3).

Very best,

Comment

We are trying to reproduce the problem, we will keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
            X