Very slow with MSI Radeon rx 580 and MSI X570 gaming plus mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Very slow with MSI Radeon rx 580 and MSI X570 gaming plus mobo

Ripping a DVD folder (on HDD) to standard one-pass seems to take around 40-50 min; The 'CPU' display (shouldn't that be 'GPU') shows about 2.5x acceleration (arrow pointing at first tick), while on my trusty old FX-8350 with an Nvidia card it takes about 8 minus showing 10x. On the info under the job appears:
    "11:24:22 ATI Stream GPU acceleration for video h264 encoding enabled"

I can't find any setting difference between the two machines, so something would appear to be not right (I thought I saw a very recent posting about this very issue,but can't find it; the story was that the engineers were looking into it, in which case, good!!)

update: found the similar posting in the x64 forum, trying to delete this one
    Last edited by OggFrog; 08-27-2019, 02:07 AM.

Hi OggFrog, please post your dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	open log folder.png
Views:	274
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	371592

Comment

Here they are, I reinstalled the program due to some issues as to where the various log files were, and it seemed reluctant to start the job but did it eventually (maybe I thought it was doing nothing while it was just taking its time)
      Attached Files

Comment

I note that the problem is still here with 11.0.5.1

Comment

Originally posted by OggFrog View Post
          I note that the problem is still here with 11.0.5.1
          Have you tried update the driver version of your graphics card?

Comment

Somehow I didn't notice the previous posting that previous time I checked the form, but, good news! The 19.9.3 release of new radeon drivers from about 2 days ago seems to have fixed the problem (I was previously on 19.9.2, which was still slow). I'm not going to revert the update to see if it was the new Radeon driver rather than something else I did (double check the instructions for enabling AMD acceleration, but not restarting after doing that).
            Last edited by OggFrog; 10-01-2019, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X