Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 11.1.0.7 vs. DVDFab 12.0.0.3 Ripping Time Difference & New Forced Subtitles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab 11.1.0.7 vs. DVDFab 12.0.0.3 Ripping Time Difference & New Forced Subtitles ?

I installed DVDFab 12.0.0.3 and started ripping my bluray of The Walking Dead season 6.
    This is the first version of DVDFab 12 that I've used. I didn't install or try the previous versions of 12.
    There is a large difference in the time to rip from DVDFab 11 to 12.
    DVDFab 12 took 40mins to rip s06e01, while DVDFab 11 took only 28mins.

Is the difference in time because of the new Scan Forced Subtitles processing?

I set all preferences the same between 11 and 12.
    I also had Forced Subtitles set to Direct Render to Video in both 11 and 12.

I like that DVDFab 12 can now search for Forced Subtitles, but what do I do when there are two or three English tracks?
    Do I just click on all three English tracks and set them all to Scan Forced Subtitles?
    If I can't do that, then I still have to find where the Forced Subtitles are and set that track to rip accordingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab 11.1.0.7 TWD s06e01 rip time.png
Views:	1186
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	386212

Name:	DVDFab 12.0.0.3 TWD s06e01 rip Start Time.png
Views:	777
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	386213

Name:	DVDFab 12.0.0.3 TWD s06e01 rip End Time.png
Views:	761
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	386214

Hi,

For the forced subtitles, please see the thread.

And we will provide cloud service to speed up time used for check force subtitles(the time will be same as dvdfab11). in near future.

You can always check the english audio and one english subtitle.

Hi, just downloaded the latest DVDFab Version 12. But in order to get a subtitle track, why do I now have to go into each title and check "scan forced subtitles"? This is now time consuming. In version 11, "display normal and forced subtitles" was automatically checked. Please explain. Thank you.

Thanks

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the info, but it is still a little confusing. I'll just have to play around with it when I come to movies with multiple Eng subtitles.

Comment

Working...
      X