Need help ripping Shang-Chi 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Need help ripping Shang-Chi 3D

I'm am extremely lost when it comes to DVDFab's subtitle options. I tried searching the forum and using Google but nothing brings clarity. I purchased the exclusive 3D Japanese version of Shang-Chi and am trying to do a MKV.MVC Passthrough rip. There is a single English subtitle track that is displayed for ripping and it contains subs for all the dialogue in the movie. I would like to rip it so that I have both a forced track for just the foreign language parts, and a second optional track for the full dialogue. I would settle for just a forced track however.

I have no idea what the difference or reason is behind having an option for "Display Only Forced" and then a second option that appears after checking that for "Scan Forced". If I'm displaying forced only shouldn't that be as it sounds? Why do i need an option to scan if I'm already telling it to only display forced? What does this actually do? For that matter why is there another option for "Normal and Forced"? Shouldn't unchecking "Display Only Forced" do the same thing as this? This part of the UI is so confusing and could use a redesign or an extensive guide explaining it.

I tried checking both "Display Only Forced" and "Scan Forced" resulting in a file with a single English sub track that is completely blank and doesn't display anything. I then tired ripping with just "Display only forced" checked but not "Scan Forced" and the resulting file again has a completely blank ENG sub track. So I guess the only option for this disk is to have full subs for the whole movie? Does DVDFab have a way for me to go in and just select the subs I need and then generate a track based on that? What is the best way to get the file I'm trying to produce? Perhaps someone can point me to where I can get a proper forced ENG track that will display properly on the 3D version and then I can add it during the rip process using "Add External Subtitle". I can't be the only one that has had trouble with this disk since its exclusive to Japan.

I appreciate any help!
    Last edited by wemickna; 05-16-2022, 07:30 PM.

Originally posted by wemickna View Post
    I'm am extremely lost when it comes to DVDFab's subtitle options. I tried searching the forum and using Google but nothing brings clarity. I purchased the exclusive 3D Japanese version of Shang-Chi and am trying to do a MKV.MVC Passthrough rip. There is a single English subtitle track that is displayed for ripping and it contains subs for all the dialogue in the movie. I would like to rip it so that I have both a forced track for just the foreign language parts, and a second optional track for the full dialogue. I would settle for just a forced track however.

I have no idea what the difference or reason is behind having an option for "Display Only Forced" and then a second option that appears after checking that for "Scan Forced". If I'm displaying forced only shouldn't that be as it sounds? Why do i need an option to scan if I'm already telling it to only display forced? What does this actually do? For that matter why is there another option for "Normal and Forced"? Shouldn't unchecking "Display Only Forced" do the same thing as this? This part of the UI is so confusing and could use a redesign or an extensive guide explaining it.

I tried checking both "Display Only Forced" and "Scan Forced" resulting in a file with a single English sub track that is completely blank and doesn't display anything. I then tired ripping with just "Display only forced" checked but not "Scan Forced" and the resulting file again has a completely blank ENG sub track. So I guess the only option for this disk is to have full subs for the whole movie? Does DVDFab have a way for me to go in and just select the subs I need and then generate a track based on that? What is the best way to get the file I'm trying to produce? Perhaps someone can point me to where I can get a proper forced ENG track that will display properly on the 3D version and then I can add it during the rip process using "Add External Subtitle". I can't be the only one that has had trouble with this disk since its exclusive to Japan.

I appreciate any help!
    see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...rced-subtitles

Comment

I had seen that post in my previous search for information but still couldn't make sense of it. After a few hours of playing around with it I think I've got it figured out now. A couple things are still a bit unclear to me but I managed to produce the file I wanted. The 3D disk only had the sub track for the whole movie and I ended up ripping the foreign language only track from the 4K disk and adding it with the "add external" option. Its working now and in the process I was finally able to figure out why I couldn't get some subtitle tracks to display in MPC-HC. I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
      X