• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my exported info and last is a shot of my Rip Screen. Thank you

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 12.0.9.4)
    Vendor: ASUS, Product: BW-16D1X-U
    Revision: A105, Vendor specific: W000000KLZM29E1529
    Drive region: 1 (RPC II), changes left: 4(user) / 4(vendor)
    AACS v1, AGIDs: 2, revocation level: Unknown
    Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=YES BN_GENERATION=YES

Disc media: DVD (DVD-Video)
    Disc region: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
    Volume name: DVD_MOVIE
    Video standard: NTSC

CSS (Content Scramble System) protection not found.
    RC (Region Code) protection not found.
    RCE (Region Code Enhancement) protection not found.
    APS (Analog Protection System) protection not found.
    UOPs (User Operation Prohibitions) protection is removed.

Invalid CELLs protection is removed.
    Invalid PTTs, PGCIs, PGCs, TMAPs, VOBUs protection not found.
    Fake vts protection not found.
    Potential bad sector (vts:1 title begin:2055230 end:2059437) is removed.
    1 potential bad sector protections are removed.
    Structure protection (ARccOS, RipGuard, etc.) is removed.

PathPlayer is enabled!
    Unplayable cell (vts:1 title pgc:2 cell:1) is removed.
    1 unplayable cells are removed.

full disc copy/play is supported​

Comment

I dug out an old (17 years old) burned DVD that included menus to experiment with. I did a "copy" to files and folders with no issues. The resulting folder plays just fine in the DVDFab player with full menus. I then used the rip option in DVDFab to create a mp4 from the same disc. It created a single mp4 file of the main movie. It also plays fine from the hard disc without menus (which is what I expected). Is it possible that the powerdvd copy process you used years ago did something strange with the menus?

Comment

Well thanks for going to all that trouble. I wish there were some obvious fix that came from it. Anything is possible with the old program I used. Unless you can see some setting I need to change, I will just have to rip the ones that work and trash the rest. At this point I can rip about 80% of them. Appreciate your efforts.

Comment

The other question I have is, should I take videos that are lower resolution and increase it when I rip them? Do you get good results doing that?

Comment

Originally posted by THawk View Post
            Well thanks for going to all that trouble. I wish there were some obvious fix that came from it. Anything is possible with the old program I used. Unless you can see some setting I need to change, I will just have to rip the ones that work and trash the rest. At this point I can rip about 80% of them. Appreciate your efforts.
            My only suggestion is that since these old copies appear to have no copy protection on them, you should be able to copy them to your hard disc from windows File Explorer. Then try having the main title converted to mp4, if that is what you want to end up with.
            I care about quality, so I generally try to avoid excess compression when making a backup & keep the original video resolution. I don't think artificially increasing the resolution during the backup process will do much good. But I haven't much experience with that, so someone else may have some input.

Comment

don't throw out the discs yet, try using ISO Buster on your discs that you cant copy - https://www.videohelp.com/software/ISOBuster

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out. I am copying them into File Explorer but when I then go to play them on the TV I have to find the right TS folder instead of having a movie title to select. I am assuming that was what you mentioned when you said to have the main title converted to mp4. How do I do that? Which file will that be?

Comment

Thanks, I will check it out. I am copying them into File Explorer but when I then go to play them on the TV I have to find the right TS folder instead of having a movie title to select. I am assuming that was what you mentioned when you said to have the main title converted to mp4. How do I do that? Which file will that be?
                  I was assuming you still wanted to create mp4 of the movies from these discs. You should be able to do that via DVDFab by clicking the large + in the center of the opening display and then pointing Fab to the folder where you copied the files from the DVD. It should then open that folder and default to the title with the longest run time. But you can always adjust that by clicking "choose other titles". You also need to pay attention to settings to determine what output you want from the process.
                  If your TV can play the DVD files directly from the folder where you originally copied them, you can rename the parent folder to the video_ts using the title of the movie.

Comment

Made it through all my backups with a 100 or so that I couldn't do. But overall I am quite happy. Thanks a bunch for your help Rich.

Comment

Working...
                    X