Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried converting a BD -> iPad using the new 7.0.9.0 and it still is jerky. The funny thing is if you view the video in Windows Media Player, it plays fine. But if you view it with QuickTime player or in iPad, it's jerky.

Comment

Maybe try reducing the bitrate.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've tried ripping to various MP4 versions (iPad, iPhone 4, regular H.264), and seemed to get the best results on the iPhone 4 settings. When I tried Superman: The Movie, I got jumpy video on every version except iPhone 4. I've fiddled with the bitrate like 15 times and get it on every other setting.

Kinda irritating because my Zune has to convert it AGAIN from the iPhone version when I put it on there. Would be much nicer to be able to get it to work in the standard MP4 settings (which I won't have to re-convert).

Comment

Try only using 1-pass with the BD-Mobile. Anytime I've used the 2-pass, I get the same symptoms you had...

Comment

I've been trying everything I can to convert any Blu-Ray to play on my iPod Classic and to date I've had absolutely no success whatsoever. I've spent many, many hours fiddling with different Blu-Rays, bit rates, custom profiles, tried first going to AVI or MKV and absolutely NOTHING works (by the way my day job is a software analyst/troubleshooter so I don't think I'm being dumb - but I'm always willing to stand corrected!). The best I have managed is to re-pass an MP4 back through file to mobile but this loses the soundtrack completely and has problems with the aspect ratio.

PUT SIMPLY AFTER SPENDING LOTS OF MONEY ON "BLU-RAY TO BLU-RAY", "BLU-RAY TO MOBILE" AND "FILE TO MOBILE" THE PRODUCTS SIMPLY DO NOT WORK AT ALL FOR IPODS.

I even posted a forum topic asking if ANYONE has managed to successfully use DVD FAB to get a Blu-Ray playing on an iPod and so far NOBODY has responded to say they have.

I'm getting quite angry that they keep fiddling around releasing new versions with minor obscure fixes when the product still doesn't work at all for iPods - which after all are the market leader and not some obscure piece of hardware. Support is very polite and try to be helpful, but at the end of the day were unable to help. I've been using DVD-Mobile for years, converting 1,000s of DVDs with remarkably few problems. However I think the marketeers have rushed Blu-Ray to mobile to market before it was ready.

The biggest clue I have to the problem is that one of the moderators mentioned that DVDFab Blu-Ray to MP4 uses the MP4 "main" profile whereas the iPod Classic requires the "Baseline" profile (just Google "ipod classic specification" (or iPhone). I understand this to mean that hardly any MP4 device on the market can play MP4s created by DVD Fab from Blu-Ray.

It's quite sad really because the DVD side of things of DVD Fab is the best product that I have found on the market, and I think the team genuinely want to help. Let's hope my faith in them is not misplaced and a fix is released soon - but I really think they need to fix this as the absolute highest priority problem and postpone fixing minor issues!
            Last edited by SaturnV; 08-11-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

i have tried with mkv and mp4 wanting to keep hd audio with no luck.
              Last edited by hanibal; 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM.

Comment

What about mkv?

Comment

Working...
                X