Question about Audio Channels/Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Question about Audio Channels/Tracks

So I have some beginner-ey questions on audio for my MP4 rips.

There are a lot of audio channels. Here's an example from Alien:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio Menu.png
Views:	114
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	446277

I understand that MP4s can't use the DTS-HD Master/5.1 audio.

What are the six other English versions? Same audio/different types? If so is one "better" than the others?

Or maybe they're commentary tracks? Is there a way to tell what these channels are?

Last question is the HD audio. If I wanted to drop this on a computer (Windows 11) and play it through my TV in my living room, any suggestions on the best file type to utilize the HD audio?

Is there anything else that I need to consider if I did this? (Special audio cables from the Click image for larger version

Name:	Audio Menu.png
Views:	44
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	446278 computer to TV, special software on the computer, etc.

Thanks!

MP4 can have dts 5.1, but not dts HD.

Please send the BDINFO file to us. You can click the "i" icon and open the BDInfo folder, then send the Alien BD INFO file to us.

Name:	screenshot-20240718-200659.png
Views:	48
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	446353

Name:	DVDFab BD INFO.png
Views:	26
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	446354

You may also playback the disc using a software player to play and check what audio tracks are the ones you need first.

Comment

Hey Mona, thanks for your help. It was over the 2mb limit so I had to zip it.

I'd play the blu ray and check them, but I'm not sure which one is which. When I play the blu ray the software just says "Audio Track 1/2/etc" so I'm not sure which one is which.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am sorry that we are unable to tell what those English audio tracks are from the bdinfo file. You can preview or play those audio tracks using software player to see what they are.

As for "the best file type to utilize the HD audio", does your TV support DTS 5.1? If yes, you can choose the 5.1 audio track, and then go to the Advanced Settings panel to tick the Copy Audio option to create an MP4 for playback.

Comment

Working...
        X