Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to check into (a/v sync related)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
    AGJ,
    I just ran across similar issue with The Blind Side (BD). I begin to lose a/v synchronization start about mid-movie. After two-day long "dances with drums" tracking and diagnostics all the way back to the initial rip, I figured that rip wasn't clean. I found four hiccups with audio continued uninterrupted, which created delay in video. First I thought to repair, and got tired quickly, and just went to the store and exchange the disc. Will try to rip tomorrow.
    Unfortunately I just bought a BD reader April 15 the day I bought Avatar BD and not have that in BD also this thread about DVD sync issues with mobile so need to start a Bluray mobile sync thread about this

Comment

Originally posted by Realnoize View Post
      I'm currently installing Pinnacle Studio 14 right now. Will use that instead of DVDfab to convert my movies to other formats. At least, I'll use that until someone find a fix for DVDfab. As right now, aside from the DVD to DVD function that works marvels, the DVD to mobile function seems seriously broken from my perspective (and from the perspective of many others, it seems).

It's a bit sad, as I had good faith in the product, and bought it on the recommendations of close friends.

Will still use it to rip my DVDs to HDD though.

Will try newest versions when they come along. In hope that someday, these a/v sync issues will be a thing of the past.
      It's sad indeed because it appears all development efforts are against BR. You almost get the impression from some of the mods here that the issue is specific to something we've done vs. a real problem with the app. I got chastised for asking why a thread was closed related to this issue. My questions thread was then closed by the mod once he responded to my question with terse, "Did you even bother to read it?" Of course I read it. Couldn't reply because it was closed and this mod accepts no pm's. Hard to get clarity if that's the case. Regardless I too found a solution [using other software] that provides proper wmv conversions with no av sync issues. These are the same files used in DVDFab that did create av sync issues in Fab ver7.x.x.x. Patiently waiting for DVDFab get an update to fix the issue.
      Last edited by Complication; 04-27-2010, 02:19 PM. Reason: Removed non-allowed software reference

Comment

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
        It's sad indeed because it appears all development efforts are against BR. You almost get the impression from some of the mods here that the issue is specific to something we've done vs. a real problem with the app. I got chastised for asking why a thread was closed related to this issue. My questions thread was then closed by the mod once he responded to my question with terse, "Did you even bother to read it?" Of course I read it. Couldn't reply because it was closed and this mod accepts no pm's. Hard to get clarity if that's the case. Regardless I too found a solution [using other software] that provides proper wmv conversions with no av sync issues. These are the same files used in DVDFab that did create av sync issues in Fab ver7.x.x.x. Patiently waiting for DVDFab get an update to fix the issue.
        I agree completely. There IS something flawed in the DVD to Mobile option in version 7 in my opinion as well. DVDFab 6 works perfect. I'll just have to use 7 to rip a backup copy, and 6 to convert the files for use on our mp3 players until a fix is found for 7.
        Last edited by Complication; 04-27-2010, 02:20 PM. Reason: Removed non-allowed software reference

Comment

I just converted a recently-released movie to AVI using version 7.0.4.0 with no problems, right after converting a movie that's been out 20 years with version 6.1.2.8 using the same exact settings...and it has severe audio lag! I'm not seeing much that points to one version over the other.

Comment

Yes i converted star trek to xbox 360 and audio was about 2 seconds out did dvd rip and did a dvd rip on my hard drive and audio is always out of sync. Version 6x was perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X