Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Bluray-File drops to 2fps with high end system and using CUDA.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Using Bluray-File drops to 2fps with high end system and using CUDA.

Ok, so i am trying out the Bluray-File trial function, using the files i ripped from the bluray i bought (so i can try a few different versions (codec), and it starts at like 100-110FPS and almost right away starts droping down and DOWN til it's like 1-2fps within a few minutes later. Using CUDA (have dual-core e8400, 6gig ram, win7 64bit, 9800gtx) and without CUDA, and trying mkv, avi, h.264, EVERYTHING i throw at it fails hard.

I am needing help because i am wanting to buy this (*big customer that bought almost every option DVDFAB has.) option to add, but can't buy something that's not working. Unfortunately i did that with the File-Mobile function that to this day STILL doesn't work, and had to buy ANOTHER program to use that DOES work. (I have the right to complain about software that i bought and can't use cause it doesn't work, and get no where with asking for help to fix this. No audio with conversions. Other people complained about the same thing, so it's more then known about.)

I can't waste money buying more software that doesn't work when other stuff out there DOES. I always loved DVDFab (Buying customer since almost day one.) and bought because of constant update's and quick on responses, but honestly i feel like it's growing faster then they can properly keep up with it, and not being fast enough to fix broken stuff. When you buy IE File-File conversion with good money, and it doesn't work and your going quite a number of updates and it's still not fixed (maybe a good 4-6 months to be fair, since 6.0.?), what else can i do and think? I had to buy another program because this wasn't working, and haven't had a problem, but i would PREFER to get this working since i bought it, and prefer the all-in-one solution i like about DVDFab (reason i bought most of all the options.)

Been waiting MORE then long enough for patience, but i really would like to see this fixed, as also get help as to why Bluray to mobile isn't converting right, or why it's dropping very quickly from very high Fps to almost nothing within minutes.

Specs-
    ======
    Windows 7 Ult 64bit
    SB XiFi Platinum
    Intel Dual-Core 8400 (3ghz-core)
    9800gtx (with newest CUDA enabled drivers)
    6gigs of 800mhz dual-channel memory
    1.5GB of HD space (80gig partition i am using for these testings.)
    DVDFab 7.0.4.5

System Resources when converting are on avg of 98-100%.
    Last edited by AGJ; 04-29-2010, 06:18 AM.
    SVN :

Please do following:
    Go to settings -> General -> Reset DMA
    try again and report.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Last time i remembered about DMA was that it's not anything that would have to do with reading from hard drive to hard drive, but rather having to do with optimizing reading data from a CD or DVD drive. Never the less i tried resetting it and tried again and unfortunately no difference. Still pegging at 100%. I did see another similar thread with other's having the same problem, and tried other codec's other then WMV (already tried before i even saw that thread) but still does it with everything.
      SVN :

Comment

I removed that other program you mentioned as they seem to spam all forums to promote sales and do not deserve a mention here because of it. If you want some help read what is listed below and post the info asked in your next post reply to this thread

by
        signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
        The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
        If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
        Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
        Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
        If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
        SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
        SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
        SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
        DVDFab VERSION:
        DVDFab PROFILE:
        OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
        OUTPUT CROP:
        OUTPUT BITRATE:
        OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
        SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
        SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
        SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
        SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
        DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
        DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
        OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
        OUTPUT CROP: Auto
        OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
        OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Are you sure you don't mean Terabyte here?

1.5GB of HD space
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Oops, was late. Yeah i meant 1.5TB. I will get all the rest of the info. Most is already been answered. (IE- Latest beta 7.0.4.5, last available at time of posting, all codec's tried, h.264-wmv-avi-mkv, default settings, so those are answered also. Meaning not one setting was changed and deviated from default profile and setting.) I am more then willing to get the rest of the requested info and update this when i do as I am more then anxious to help fix this problem. (Sorry about posting the name of other program, i was just pointing out that i had to buy another software because my purchase of this doesn't work.)
            SVN :

Comment

I did run into same kind of problems some times last week.
              Now Microsoft provide some Updates for a better stable Win7 system. Interestingly since then I got a more stable working process, using CUDA too.
              Example: Befor MS-Upd., Avatar BR to Mobile run many hours and finaly my system got a freeze. After the Upd., the same process needed 1:50h with no problems and a whole stable FPS processing.

@djdafreund
              Your Win7 is also up-to-date?
              Btw, I'm wondering about your FPS over 100. I have a Quadcore Xeon W3520 (= i920) 2,8GHz (Turbo mode) and GTX275 (240 Cores), but my max FPS is about 50 ... 70.
              Maybe the difference is in the job we do - I convert 1920x1080 down to 320x240. ?

Comment

Ok, finally got some time to get the info needed. I am NOW using 7.0.5.8 (i know 7.0.6.0 official which most of the time is just a cummilative release of all the 6.0.5.x beta's.

Nature of the problem-
                =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
                -Encoding slows down to around 1-2FPS
                -Using 'Bluray to Mobile', and 'Xbox360 profile' (factory profile, not one change different).
                -Only have one bluray movie so far i bought, but seen other's with same problem not yet resolved and using other movies, so this SHOULDN'T be the problem (not confirmed though.)
                -Windows 7 64bit (every current update available), Intel e8400 Dual Core (3ghz/core), 4gigs of 800mhz ram.
                -No recent changes to system
                -No bluray software installed since i bought the bluray drive. Did just buy and install PowerDVD 10 (came with 8, but didn't install), but same problem after trying again to convert.

SOURCE FILE TYPE: M2TS (or BDAV)
                SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: AVC
                SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p
                SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: MA (DTS audio.)
                DVDFab VERSION: 7.0.5.8 Beta
                DVDFab PROFILE: xbox360.wmv.wma10.480p.multichannel (also tried "generic.avi.h264.audiocopy and generic.avi.h264.mp3")
                OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
                OUTPUT CROP: Auto
                OUTPUT BITRATE: 10.1 Mbps
                OUTPUT PASSES: 1 (and 2-pass but same results)

And my log file-
                ==============
                1m 02.19s: got bdmv
                1m 02.22s: got extended bdinfo
                1m 33.69s: begin mobile work ...
                1m 33.69s: create config(5)
                1m 33.69s: convert profile(xbox360.default)
                1m 33.69s: blu-ray playlist(802) angle(0) chapter(1->36)
                1m 33.69s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,1) stream(4608,PGS,4)
                1m 33.69s: device(xbox360) format(wmv)
                1m 33.69s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
                1m 33.74s: processing source(00002.m2ts)
                1m 33.74s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
                1m 33.74s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
                1m 33.94s: mobile work failed(503.17 13)
                1m 56.04s: begin mobile work ...
                1m 56.04s: create config(5)
                1m 56.04s: convert profile(xbox360.default)
                1m 56.04s: blu-ray playlist(802) angle(0) chapter(1->36)
                1m 56.04s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4353,AC3,1) stream(4608,PGS,4)
                1m 56.04s: device(xbox360) format(wmv)
                1m 56.04s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
                1m 56.09s: processing source(00002.m2ts)
                1m 56.09s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
                1m 56.09s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled
                1m 56.28s: mobile work failed(503.17 13)
                2m 14.41s: begin mobile work ...
                2m 14.41s: create config(5)
                2m 14.41s: convert profile(xbox360.wmv.wma.hd)
                2m 14.41s: blu-ray playlist(802) angle(0) chapter(1->36)
                2m 14.41s: stream(4113,AVC,1) stream(4352,DTS-HD MA,1) stream(4608,PGS,4)
                2m 14.41s: device(xbox360) format(wmv)
                2m 14.41s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
                2m 14.45s: processing source(00002.m2ts)
                2m 14.45s: try to use gpu acceleration(1) for video decoding
                2m 14.45s: DXVA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled

Hope this helps. DVD to mobile seems to work pretty quick. Just bluray. I haven't bought just the one bluray (Avatar) SO FAR, and trial is almost expired now, and still not working. Would love to help solve this for myself and the other's i've seen post as well with this problem.
                SVN :

Comment

Do you have cuda encoder on and try to compress with 2 pass encoding?

Comment

I tried all four combo's. With CUDA on/off, 1 pass and 2 pass, although i usually just do a 1-pass anyway. And my perf.resources aren't pegged at all or no where near, and still it's doing this. I tried again last night but with using the mkv, and also tried using ps3 hd profile, and they all are doing this. I'm also using nVidia 197.57 (64bit) drivers for windows 7, but the ones before that are the ones i tried first, and was getting the same results. I've actually done quite a bit of homework, and this is a problem with a % of people using DVDFab but not with most.
                    As i've seen a few other posts with people having the same problem, but no one responds to them. So i am giving (per request) every bit of info requested in hopes to lick this problem in the but so i can buy this and start using it. I am also a beta tester, but haven't been able to test bluray related stuff as i JUST bought myself finally a bluray reader for my pc. This is definitely something the author's are going to need to handle to fix. Everything else by user's have long been since tried.
                    SVN :

Comment

Originally posted by djdafreund View Post
                      I tried all four combo's. With CUDA on/off, 1 pass and 2 pass, although i usually just do a 1-pass anyway. And my perf.resources aren't pegged at all or no where near, and still it's doing this. I tried again last night but with using the mkv, and also tried using ps3 hd profile, and they all are doing this. I'm also using nVidia 197.57 (64bit) drivers for windows 7, but the ones before that are the ones i tried first, and was getting the same results. I've actually done quite a bit of homework, and this is a problem with a % of people using DVDFab but not with most.
                      As i've seen a few other posts with people having the same problem, but no one responds to them. So i am giving (per request) every bit of info requested in hopes to lick this problem in the but so i can buy this and start using it. I am also a beta tester, but haven't been able to test bluray related stuff as i JUST bought myself finally a bluray reader for my pc. This is definitely something the author's are going to need to handle to fix. Everything else by user's have long been since tried.
                      That's so funny, it appears you and I are having a similiar problem. My specs:

3.21 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
                      4GB RAM
                      64bit Win 7
                      NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (Drivers all updated)
                      DVDFab (7.0.6.0)

Only my problem is I can't get DVDfab to recognize CUDA on my machine, latest drivers 197.57 (64bit) as well. AVcodecs only recognize "Software" for all decoding & encoding options. I've tried everything from reinstalling the drivers, to removeing the video card, etc. It's very frustrating!

Comment

@djdafreund and zinjen, you two certainly are not alone.
                        I have just started to dabble with Blu-ray and I have been through virtually every combination of profiles, conversion settings, etc. and I get this constant degradation in fps.
                        Rather than re-type, here's a c&p of a thread I started about a month ago:

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Brand new to BD to Mobile.
                        No matter what profile I've attempted...
                        MKV, AVI or MP4...
                        and no matter how I configure the conversion, 1-pass, 2-pass, alter various settings and toggle on/off CUDA (Decoder) and CUDA and software (Encoder)...
                        the conversion progressively slows to a crawl and eventually just fails to proceed at all.

I've tried this on about 6 flicks.
                        I've also tried this with v.7030, v.7035 Beta and v.7040.
                        Very similar to what we saw awhile back with certain versions of Fab 5.xxx and DVD to Mobile conversion problems.

I have no problems ripping BD discs to my hdds. I've also been able to play these to my TV via an Argosy media player (HV335T)
                        which has pleased me to no end.
                        (I wish I could figure out the subtitles, but that's another issue).

I've had great success with DVD to Mobile using GregiBoy's samsung profile and these conversion rates are ok with Fab 7.xxx.
                        I'm seeing 300-500 fps depending on the profile.

Running Win7 Pro 64-bit, core i7 920 (quad),
                        nVidia GTX 260 (896 MB GDDR3)
                        Referenced thread: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4828

Now, with 2-pass, the software simply fails; the app errors out or slows to less than a crawl and essentially any progress stops.

With 1-pass and v.7060, I am able to get usable files conversions. I still see the persistent degradation, but the files are playable and of decent quality, so I'm hopeful things are improving. It still seeems to take forever though.

I'll give Ting (Fengtao's Mobile developer) another holler and try to get some answers/update
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Cool, and thanks so much for responding and letting me know this info. Is does seem also for me fine when going DVD-Mobile, and pretty fast. it's just bluray-mobile that's doing this. And also for me, it's not making any difference no matter with or without CUDA enabled, nor whichever profile used, same result. Hopefully this can get fixed though. I am a big supporter of DVDFab because of fast update's, and a lot of them. They are very quick on the path. But this is a big deal, and i STILL haven't seen any fixes for the no-audio problem with file-mobile(/file) with youtube(/flv) format files yet to date, another confirmed by many problem. But i got faith they will figure it out and fix it.
                          SVN :

Comment

hi, djdafreund

for your problem, I have checked your log, and there are some question:

1. for your using profile

DVDFab PROFILE: xbox360.wmv.wma10.480p.multichannel (also tried "generic.avi.h264.audiocopy and generic.avi.h264.mp3")
                            this profile is used by "DVD to mobile", and For "Blu-ray to mobile" , current using profile is "xbox360.wmv.wma.hd.xml", the error "mobile work failed(503.17 13)" should be caused by this reason.

2. current you not enable CUDA, just using DXVA to decode, please try to switch it or using software decode do the simple test first.

Comment

hi, maineman

For your problem, I will try to test it and repeat.

current old engine upgrade working is in the last period, so there are some exist bug in new or old engine maybe cannot be fixed in time, sorry for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X