This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Blind Side VOB missing Chapters

Did The Blind Side to a single VOB and it lost almost 6 chapters in the conversion. Anyone seen anything similar? No errors, completed successfully. However, length of movie only 107 minutes after conversion rather than 128. Thx.

how did you do this? Read what is listed below and post the info mentioned in your next post reply to this thread

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

Did this using 7.0.4.0. paid version. Used DVD to Mobile, VOB. There were no errors. Here's the applicable piece from the log file:

2010-04-30 22:48:46 ---- ******************** Log session stop 30-Apr 22:48:46.735 PID 3664********************
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info Current Drive selected : 0:2:0 - HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 [E] (Ide)
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info System default language : English (Canada)
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info User default language : English (Canada)
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info DLL Version : 4.0.7.466
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 7\vso_hwe.dll
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info Version : 7, 0, 4, 0
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 7\DVDFab.exe
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 Info OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)
      2010-04-30 22:40:26 ---- ******************** Log session start 30-Apr 22:40:26.415 PID 3664********************

(Couldn't find dvdfab_internal.log.)

Source files type was DVD image folder, VIDEO_TS. Profile was vob.passthrough. (Did not edit default settings.) I did not split the VOB.

PC is an HP IntelCore2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz. 4G RAM, lots of disk space.

I have used this method with other movies without issue. Tried Blind Side again, same result. DVD is fine, not scratched or anything. Can backup to another DVD and it is fine.
      Last edited by tjames; 05-01-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

How did you check to find out the chapters are missing?

What type of drive are your writing the output to? USB Drive? Formatted FAT32?

Comment

I burned it, along with a couple other movies to a BluRay. Was watching the show and could see it skip forward. Put in the DVD and confirmed it skipped almost 6 chapters. Then watched it on the DVD and it was fine. Viewed the VOB on my PC and confirmed it did not contain the missing part of the movie.

I later tried ripping the VOB again and the exact same parts were missing.

Writing to my hard drive which has no problems with large files. I have 12G+ files on it.
          Last edited by tjames; 05-01-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

What is PathPlayer settings do you have?
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

tjames
              If I may also suggest update your OS service pack from SP1 to SP2 from Microsoft.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Pathplayer is set to Always enable PathPlayer.

Comment

Tried it with Pathplayer disabled, same result.

Comment

Is it possible that DVDFab is selecting the wrong title number when doing the rip? Sometimes there are weird titles that do not include the whole movie as copy protection.

Comment

Nope, there's only the one main title.

I'm not going to belabor it. Was more just curious if I was doing something wrong, or if there was an issue with the software. Not a big deal. Will just keep an eye open to see if it happens again.

Comment

Working...
                      X