Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.Mp4 output won't work no matter what I do.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) .Mp4 output won't work no matter what I do.

Ok I'm really starting to get frustrated with this. Previously I had a laptop that had a built-in Blu-ray ROM and had never been successful burning a BD -> Mobile in .mp4. The highest frame rate it would record at is 10FPS, which outputted in a spiky frame by frame unwatchable format. Since it was a laptop I figured maybe it was to much strain on the CPU & default video card. Strangely enough CUDA was available via settings.

So over the weekend I bought a new Blu-Ray LG 10x rom for my Desktop which is running the following:

3.21 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
    4GB RAM
    64bit Win 7
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (Drivers all updated)
    DVDFab (7.0.5.8)

Not only is CUDA not detected under the Settings/AVCodec menu on my Desktop, but It won't even let me burn a Blu-ray directly to my HDD (Tried disabling PathPlayer in settings as well). It results with the following error below: I can't burn a Bluray directly from the disc to .mp4 either(HANGS AT 10-12FPS resulting in a 5-6HOUR conversion unwatchable but succesful 1 pass). Can anyone help? If it helps, i'm trying to burn Avatar for my Apple TV collection (so MKV, AVI, etc are useless) Anyone have any specific settings that might have proven successful in .mp4 output?

10:28:51: You are going to try "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" option.
    10:28:51: Analyzing started
    10:28:51: Analyzing completed successfully
    10:28:51: Copy process started
    10:28:51: Task_1 failed! Error=1010(505.00 263 0)
    Last edited by zinjen; 05-17-2010, 05:48 PM.

Woops and here's a few screenshots:

http://i40.tinypic.com/sc42zr.jpg
    http://i44.tinypic.com/ztiqs9.jpg

Comment

zinjen
      Couple of things:
      First, just for sake of a terminology, when you saying: "built-in Blu-ray ROM and had never been successful burning a BD", it's no suppose to, because BD-ROM mean Blu-ray Disc - Read Only Memory (ROM)

Second, looking at the error shown, I can tell that there's card driver issue. For starters, please check that when you did you latest driver update you, in fact, updated to a 64 bit driver, nor 32 bit.
      If all OK there, please roll driver back to 195 or 191 (not beta)
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Ipopov.. I was thinkin it was Driver related. However CUDA was still disabled prior to the update of the new drivers.

Just to be certain, this was the most recent upgrade from here http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...7.45_whql.html

heres a screenie: http://i40.tinypic.com/15qopoy.jpg

Comment

Yes, correct - 197.45 is a latest drive, and seems all CUDA applications having a problem with this driver. Last I spoke with nVIDIA people, they were saying that they're aware of the issue and working on it, and suggested to roll back to early 195 or further down - experiment with it, just don't go to latest 195s as they have known fan speed adjustment problem.

Originally posted by zinjen View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Ipopov.. I was thinkin it was Driver related. However CUDA was still disabled prior to the update of the new drivers.

Just to be certain, this was the most recent upgrade from here http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...7.45_whql.html

heres a screenie: http://i40.tinypic.com/15qopoy.jpg
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks IPopov50, so no luck with CUDA till then I guess cause it was defaulted already on 195 with no luck.

Comment

Why???? Download older driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...6.21_whql.html
              This is 196 driver, should be good too. Place it on desktop. Then go to driver update window (as on your screenshot in post #4), select update driver, and when it will ask from web or file on your computer, navigate to that file on desktop.
              You'll roll back that way.
              sigpic

Comment

K, did the following above and still having the same problem. Not seeing CUDA.. grrr.

All I want to do is burn Avatar to .mp4 is there a better way? Also, I still cant rip Bluray Disc to my HDD like I was able to do previousely.. still getting the same error immediately upon trying Full disc option:

10:28:51: You are going to try "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" option.
                10:28:51: Analyzing started
                10:28:51: Analyzing completed successfully
                10:28:51: Copy process started
                10:28:51: Task_1 failed! Error=1010(505.00 263 0)
                Last edited by zinjen; 05-17-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

OK, I will ask developers to take a look at this error code and your story.
                  In a meanwhile, you can do your conversion without CUDA (just set all settings in A/V Codec to "software"). It will take longer - abt 5 hrs on your machine, I suppose, but you can do it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                    OK, I will ask developers to take a look at this error code and your story.
                    In a meanwhile, you can do your conversion without CUDA (just set all settings in A/V Codec to "software"). It will take longer - abt 5 hrs on your machine, I suppose, but you can do it.
                    I've tried that, but it's not the wait time that bothers me. The FPS is hanging at 10FPS to 15 MAX, which results in very spikey playback. I even tried converting to MKV first, then File To Mobile in AppleTV format but the same thing happened.

Comment

Fengtao just added new profile in latest 7.0.5.8 beta - BR to iPad.
                      Would you try that one. You don't have to do all movie - just a chapter to try
                      sigpic

Comment

I am confused here....

Is the user creating a BD9/BD5b from the original BD and then trying to run BD to Mobile on this already compressed encode?

If so, why would you ever want to do that?

As we all know, every encode does give a quality loss and the best method is to always use the best source available.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Wait a minute, I just look at your log here... Why are you running unregistered copy??? That's probably where your problem is... Looks like you have to re-register it, and make sure you are doing this "as administrator"
                          sigpic

Comment

Wait a minute, I just look at your log here... Why are you running unregistered copy??? That's probably where your problem is... Looks like you have to re-register it, and make sure you are doing this "as administrator"
                            Yah i had to reintall and register, but still had the same issue. I'll try for iPad right now but as far as burning the Bluray to my HDD i got the same log here and ran as Admin:

15:06:36: You are going to try "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" option.
                            15:06:36: Analyzing started
                            15:06:36: Analyzing completed successfully
                            15:06:36: Copy process started
                            15:06:36: Task_1 failed! Error=1010(505.00 263 0)

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            I am confused here....

Is the user creating a BD9/BD5b from the original BD and then trying to run BD to Mobile on this already compressed encode?

If so, why would you ever want to do that?

As we all know, every encode does give a quality loss and the best method is to always use the best source available.
                            Hey Gregi,

Essentially your correct. This is what I've read from other users having problems with BD To Mobile, burning the image to the HDD first then using that to burn to mobile (.mp4). CUDA won't work so i'm using Software on everything.. starts at 10-12 fps and slowly stays between 9-14 at most.

Comment

Fengtao just added new profile in latest 7.0.5.8 beta - BR to iPad.
                              Would you try that one. You don't have to do all movie - just a chapter to try
                              Hmmm... this is strange. Worked great! Aside from the dimensions being to small (Trying to get this to work on my Apple TV) I was able to convert the 1st chapter without any problems or spikes. Averaged 16-20 FPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X