Can NOT convert any Blu-ray's for iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Can NOT convert any Blu-ray's for iPad

OK, I lie, I can convert one out of 15 I have tried.
    sucessfully converted Kingdom of Heaven, however all other Blu-ray's I have tried crash or fail.
    The most recent (and the final straw that sent me here looking for help) was 300.
    DVDFab: 7.0.6.5 (most recently, also was using 7.0.6.2)
    Windows 7 64bit
    It got a:
    Work 1 failed, Error 504.00 0 filter(type2?:id1),info = 502.04 7 705 11.
    Process failed.

This happens to MOST of the BD I try. a few simply crash DVDfab and ask to restart it.
    Seems to ONLY happen with the iPad profile however if i try to convert to MKV they seem to make it correctly (the two I have tried.) however when I then try File to Mobile and try to make the iPad movie it crashes with the same error.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, cleaned the registry, cleaned the C:\program files(x86) dvdfab 7 folder, reinstalled and repeated to the exact same errors.

When using the iPad profile, I have both tried it without changing anything inside the profile and also by changing the audio to Stereo and to using the file size rather than bit rate option.

Thanks for any information and help

-John
    Attached Files

OK, so I tried installing it on another computer (winXP 32bit) and I can convert the MKV to AppleTV without the crash or fail. I think the h.264 profiles must somehow be corrupted on the other computer (the one with the BD drive of course). Does anyone know how to clear those profiles? I have uninstalled twice, with reboots, manually deleted the DVDfab 7 folder in program files and deleted everything that had dvdfab in the registry then reinstalled. The profiles are still not working correctly on this computer, but I will be darned to know how to delete them and reinstall.

Comment

tobiasj
      When installing Fab especially Win7 it is very important that you install the program as administrator and run as administrator.
      I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install. In my own opinion I think it makes a world of difference on the install of programs.
      Also your drive has a firm ware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._C109.zip.html
      NOTE if you do not know how to flash your drive DO NOT do it it will render your drive useless
      Give it a try and post back.
      CBR929
      Last edited by CBR929; 05-29-2010, 02:02 PM. Reason: text
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        tobiasj
        When installing Fab especially Win7 it is very important that you install the program as administrator and run as administrator.
        I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install. In my own opinion I think it makes a world of difference on the install of programs.
        Also your drive has a firm ware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._C109.zip.html
        NOTE if you do not know how to flash your drive DO NOT do it it will render your drive useless
        Give it a try and post back.
        CBR929
        I will check on the drive firmware, it may well have an update available, Thanks!
        I always install software as administrator. The software works partially I can convert to anything except the one profile I want. (iPad, well, Apple TV HD actually, but same difference, neither work) I can convert to MKV and to WMV just not to any of the MP4/h.264 profiles. I have looked in the profile filders inside of DVDFab 7 folder, and moved the iPad profiles out, however the program still HAS the profiles listed when I restart so they must be stored somewhere else as well. Any clues?

-John

Comment

On an unrelated but still relevant note, why in BD to Mobile is there no AppleTV profile, but File to Mobile there is?

-John

Comment

Ok so still can't go direct from BD to Appletv/Ipad. My trial of File to Mobile is about to expire which means I wont be able to accomplish it at all without purchasing another $40.00 of software. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
            -John

Comment

Up !!!

I have the same problem.
              Please, an ideia ?!

Comment

I still get the "Jerky" video when converting from blu Ray to iPad. The only way I can do this is to convert to AVI and then use file to mobile to convert from AVI to Ipad. I am only using the trial version of file to mobile to do what I hoped Blu Ray to Mibile.
                Last edited by Mike96734; 07-28-2010, 10:29 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Give the latest release a try for ipad http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7105

Comment

If i were not male and happily married, i would bear you man children.

Comment

Spoke too soon, still jerkey... crap. No man children.

Comment

Bueler....

Comment

Jerky video on Blu Ray to Ipad

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                          Give the latest release a try for ipad http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7105
                          So I am experiancing the Jerky video on Ipad and I am on the newest (Ver 8.0.0.5) I coverted startreck bd (2009) and it was fine but Wall-e and Mamma Mia are jerkey (except on certain scenes such as the pixar animimation in the intro or the sky view panning over the merky city at the biggining.

Was this not fixed on ver 8? DO I still have to use the work around (rip to AVI then convert to Ipad m4v?

Also on the Ipad profile it only converts at about 12 fps. Someone mentioned a resource setting in dvdfab. Where is this setting? thx

Comment

Help w/ ATV and iPad

There really isn't a good pure DVDFab solution for Apple TV / iPad. I too have been wrestling with jerky video.

In addition, the is no way to produce the correct audio track layout that works well for both Apple TV and iPad (one of the earlier posters asked about that). In other words, both 2-channel AAC and a disabled AC-3 pass-thru track for Apple TV playback.

So, to archive my Blu-Ray videos today, here's what I do:

1. Use DVDFab to rip the *main movie* source material to your hard drive, using the MKV remux setting (i.e., audio *and* video pass-thu), with your selected audio language of choice. Make sure you check the box to remove the HD audio.

2. If the source material has a Dolby Digital AC-3 audio as the selected track, skip to step 3 (almost all new BDs are DTS-Master for the default language).

Otherwise, Google for PopCorn MKV AudioConverter. Download and follow the directions to convert the DTS track to AC-3 (take the time to read the directions so that you get the desired results). You don't need to preserve the DTS audio - just convert to AC-3 and toss the rest. Also, stick to 448 for the target audio bit rate.

3. Use HandBrake to convert the audio-corrected MKV to a format that will be compatible with both the iPad and Apple TV. Modify the default presets, as follows: a.) on the 'Video' tab change constant quality to Avg Bitrate and enter 4500 (kbps), b.) select 2-pass Encoding with Turbo first Pass and, finally, c.) on the 'Picture' tab, set Anamorphic to 'Loose' and the picture width to 1280 (or slightly smaller to ensure that the overall display size of equal to or less than 1280x720). Note that this assumes ~24 fps - for 30 fps videos, use the HandBrake defaults.

Beware that if you use 'Constant Quality' you will get a video that is beyond the capacity of both the iPad and the Apple TV, with respect to bitrate; Apple's devices are optimized for Apple's version of 'HD' (5 Mbps or less at 1280x720) with AC-3 audio.

You will notice on the 'Audio' tab that HandBrake will auto-magically create both a 2-channel AAC audio track and a second, disabled AC-3 pass-thru track from the original source material. Apple TV will know to playback the AC-3 pass-thru track.

If you have a really fast machine, this will encode at around real time speed, but the end result will be a really nicely encoded video.

Comment

which main movie to select?

Hello Chillyk, thanks for this. Trying this now.

when selecting the correct source movie file on the BD I see what appears to be two or more copies of the movie. which one to select? Are they different in some way (ie 25 vs 30 fps)? No way to see its attributes in the listing of the disc contents dvdfab. How do we know which file to select?

Comment

Working...
                              X