This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to DVD Required?

Just found out that buying the DVD to mobile option a few months back was not enough to get the damn software to work after the trial period expired. I've seen other posts here showing an order page with a bright yellow statement about buying the DVD to DVD software in addition to the DVD to MOBILE but I never saw that when I bought, I think I would have noticed something so bright and noticeable!

Also none of the email receipts mention that DVD to DVD is needed and why the hell did you let me buy the add-on in the first place without checking that I have all the necessary pre-requisites so that it will work?

So now I am left with a bit of software that I can't use and only have the option of paying you more money (which ain't gonna happen).
    Last edited by Complication; 06-03-2010, 01:45 PM. Reason: Removed forum violations

Here is the actual note from the purchase page (No yellow). I think either AGJ or 90312 did the highlighting on an image that they posted.

NOTE:
    DVDFab "DVD to Mobile" works with DVDFab "DVD to DVD" together. That is, you MUST have a valid DVDFab "DVD to DVD" license, which is applied to the same e-mail address. Please get the two products together. Otherwise, you can always retrieve the keys here,to make sure if you already have a valid license.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is already mentioned on the website twice, but it will be addressed on the website purchase page.

As shown on the Buy Now page, options can be added to an existing license at any time. Any option can be purchased as a standalone product, with the exception of DVD to Mobile (which requires a license for DVD to DVD) and Blu-ray to Mobile (which requires a license for Blu-ray to Blu-ray). When adding new options, you will receive an updated key via email.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

In the mean time, I would suggest you contact DVDFab support directly to see if there is something they can do:

Comment

Originally posted by Chanandler View Post
          Just found out that buying the DVD to mobile option a few months back was not enough to get the damn software to work after the trial period expired. I've seen other posts here showing an order page with a bright yellow statement about buying the DVD to DVD software in addition to the DVD to MOBILE but I never saw that when I bought, I think I would have noticed something so bright and noticeable!

Also none of the email receipts mention that DVD to DVD is needed and why the hell did you let me buy the add-on in the first place without checking that I have all the necessary pre-requisites so that it will work?

So now I am left with a bit of software that I can't use and only have the option of paying you more money (which ain't gonna happen).
          I gotta admit, I am in the same boat and I definately feel duped....oh and $35 bucks lighter. :-(

Comment

"Duped" implies that DVDFab intentionally misled you. This is not the case. The website developers do their best to make you aware that DVD to DVD is required and even took the time to code a notice that shows up right above the continue button.

This is similar to the people that end up buying an extra wireless phone extension and don't read the notice on the box that a base station is required. Unfortunately, with internationally purchased software you can't just take it back to the store and say "it doesn't work."

Your failure to read what was right in front of you is not something you should blame on somebody else.

Comment

Working...
            X