This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram1009 View Post
    Will a backup work if it's ripped to the HDD first?
    Yes it will as all my DVDs when I rip and burn are saved to HDD instead of deleting them as you know HDD are pretty cheap now so space does not really matter. Then when I want to convert to a mobile format I use the previously saved files for that and it works without the problem you mentioned
    Last edited by AGJ; 06-19-2010, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Yes it will as all my DVDs when I rip and burn are saved to HDD instead of deleting them as you know HDD are pretty cheap now so space does not really matter. Then when I want to convert to a mobile format I use the previously saved files for that and it works without the problem you mentioned
      Are your RIPs compressed?

Comment

Are your RIPs compressed?
        Yes they are and they all are Full DVD rips

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Yes they are and they all are Full DVD rips
          I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Forgot to ask this. Since this option in DVDFAB is stated as DVD to MOBIL is the file produced viewable on a large flat screen TV with decent resolution?

Comment

Forgot to ask this. Since this option in DVDFAB is stated as DVD to MOBIL is the file produced viewable on a large flat screen TV with decent resolution?
              If you want Decent resolution then you need to use the original DVD again as using a back up that is compressed already will just create an even worse picture quality due to more compression on a large screen TV. Give Gregiboy's Best Practice thread another read especially the part at the bottom Hints & Tips as that has a pretty good conversion

Comment

That's what I figured. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  And the "Read Error" would indicate that there is a problem with the media that you are using.
                  I tend to go along with GregiBoy on this point. This weekend while I’ve had time I made various mobile files from backups of mine. I use Taiyo Yuden premium line blanks and all the conversions were flawless even the A/V sync. Questionable media leads to less than perfect burns, fortunately for us set top player can skip a bad spot and we almost never notice. A bad burn will act like a bad pressing. Bottom line as far as I’m concerned is: DVDFab will convert a backup of a proper burn on quality media that it has made.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X