Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worked when i shut off cuda decoder and left it on software. Finaly!!

Comment

Audio-Video Sync Problems when joining files into one

I am considering backing up the individual episodes on my Fringe Season 1 Disc 1 to one HD file. The Fringe TV series is one of those Blu-Ray discs where each episode is a different m2ts file. The play order is 00001.m2ts, 00011.m2ts, 00014.m2ts, 00006.m2ts. So naturally I seek a way to concatenate m2ts files on a pass-through basis - no reason to convert - just string them together in the right play order. I tried DVDFab's MKV converter and although it created a single file of these four separate files, by the beginning of the second episode, there were significant audio/video sync problems. I encountered these same sync problems when I joined the files together by using MSDOS COPY/B command.

I am using DVD Fab version 7.0.9.3. I suspect a frame rate problem because TSMuxer failed to complete "joining" these same files after the first episode - I suspect that's when it lost the frame rate. Is there a way to force a frame rate all the way the joining of these files?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by President View Post
        I am using DVD Fab version 7.0.9.3.
        Please download the latest beta and try again http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7562
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

new version 8 did the audio problem again!! Changed everything to software and still no audi again! Back to 7.5.0.8

Comment

wtf, does it again with the older version? its not rocket science have it on remux and away we go but audio is still screwed up? trying it with taken.
            Last edited by hanibal; 08-24-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

do u think the problem is the dts hd audio that's causing the problem? only a 5.1 audio like dolby can only work?

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
                do u think the problem is the dts hd audio that's causing the problem? only a 5.1 audio like dolby can only work?
                It may be the limitations of your player. It may be able to decode hd audio through disc but not through a digital file.
                Problems like this are typical of blu ray players that can play mkv. Even though it say it can play back hd audio. The boxes to not have info on in which format.

Have you tried to playback the mkv remux with a media player on the the computer?(like with media player classic mention earlier in this thread) I have to assume though that your computer can handle playback of HD movie files. If you do it should play. If it does not try the same movie with the hd audio removed. Post back with the results of the test to further trouble shoot the problem.

Cheers!

Comment

ya it does work on the computer. Gonna try and use the remove hd audio.
                  Last edited by hanibal; 08-25-2010, 03:05 AM.

Comment

ya it does work on the computer.
                    The HD audio or the DTS 5.1? If the HD works its your LG that has the issues with the HD audio in mkv format. So your solution may be do downgrade the audio on your remux. I know it sucks.
                    The details on the box and the online manuals don't ever really go into specifics. I myself have had issues with set top boxes. The bulk of my problems were with audio and subtitles. I either had to give up quality or do some huge/long work around to get it to work. So I quit buying more products since its not really a hardware issues with them. It is always software. The PS3 and the WDTV are examples of good hardware and crappy software.(that i own lol)So instead of waiting for a solution in a set top I made a HTPC and I will never go back.

On another note...

I can say you have the right idea with having the hdd hooked into your device. Streaming uncompressed content as of right now can cause alot of issues as well. Not so much wired Ethernet as wireless. Which can give you more steps to troubleshoot. That is not what you need when you trying to get your Media collection into ideal environment.

Cheers!

Comment

will i still get the dts if i remove the hd audio? hoping dts at least not dts-hd? mind you i kept the hd audio for a couple of movies and it worked, but my amp cant play hd audio so it goes to dts.

Comment

will i still get the dts if i remove the hd audio? hoping dts at least not dts-hd? mind you i kept the hd audio for a couple of movies and it worked, but my amp cant play hd audio so it goes to dts.
                        In the ones that I have removed the hd turn to dts with some exceptions. Provided that the HD audio is in dts 8.1. I have ran across some that goes strait to only 5.1 and no dts.

Cheers!

Comment

I forgot to ask you. Your amp does it have a problem with the original disk in your player? So it did work with HD audio in a mkv cause I thought you stated earlier in the thread. That you have not had one success. Ether way downgrading your audio will most likely remove the issues you have with that player and your amp.

Comment

yep that did the trick i still got dts with removing the hd!! Thanks for ur help!! no problem with the original disk with the amp.

Comment

Your welcome.

Just keep in mind that if you don't upgrade your amp. You will never need hd audio. I have a 8.1 on my HTPC and I only have it wired for 6.1. I have 2 wasted speakers I will never use.(LOL) To me I cant hear the difference. That and also downgrading hd audio saves on HDD space.

Cheers!

Comment

How come i get with certain movies video format not supported yet it is a mkv? Just did the last samurai and i get that error yet i did friday night lights with no problem? Friday night lights had dts hd which i removed and got dts and samurair had 5.1 dolby? I noticed this happen alot with the dolby? Is it becaus i have to merge subs if i want them with mkv merge? I thought this program was supposed to be asy. Select remux and go.

Comment

Working...
                                X