This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MkV Trouble

Yes i have been having problems with mkv remux it seems to crash the start of second pass but i never selected 2nd pass, and with a older version my audio kept switching from dts to dolbly prologic with no sound. I would like to put movies on a hard drive as well in the mkv format with hd audio but have been unsuccesfull with fab so far. No probs with othere programs i have found. I just like the simple interface fab has. Any one else with probles with mkv and hd audio?

Which version number of DVDFab are you using? A little more information will be needed to be able to help you.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
      Yes i have been having problems with mkv remux it seems to crash the start of second pass but i never selected 2nd pass, and with a older version my audio kept switching from dts to dolbly prologic with no sound. I would like to put movies on a hard drive as well in the mkv format with hd audio but have been unsuccesfull with fab so far. No probs with othere programs i have found. I just like the simple interface fab has. Any one else with probles with mkv and hd audio?
      (a) Nobody seems having problem
      (b) mkv.remux does NOT have 2-pass
      (c) HD audio you will have in output content by de-selecting "Remove HD Audio"
      (d) you promised post screenshot, remember. I still waiting for it...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I could'nt cause it crashed< it said one pass it got to the end and started again for 2nd pass, (removed) u not! Tried newest one previous one but the audio was all screwy my streo kept showing dts then prologic but had no audio. Got fed up and used another program with mo problems.
        Last edited by AGJ; 08-12-2010, 04:59 AM. Reason: removed text

Comment

... it said one pass it got to the end and started again for 2nd pass, (removed) u not!
          This is a user error as Ipopov pointed out.
          "(b) mkv.remux does NOT have 2-pass"
          It is Pass through only.
          The user cannot modify the encoding method/settings.

More than likely you inadvertantly selected more than one title.
          Check your Queue next time
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I don't know whats wrong as my player gets unable to play the mkv? It camn play all other mkv files on my hard drive but after a sucsesfull mkv encoding from bluray it wont play.

Comment

I don't know whats wrong as my player gets unable to play the mkv? It camn play all other mkv files on my hard drive but after a sucsesfull mkv encoding from bluray it wont play.
              What player are you using?? This one?? http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/downlo...lassic-hc.html
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have been reading around the net about the LG's issue with mkv's and someone mentioned that it will play the mkv file if it has 3 or more reference frames...is there a way to set this in Fab?

Comment

i'm using the LG BD570 to play mkv via usb hard drive. Every one i made with fab using remux passthrough can not be played.

Comment

Why don't you try with a generic.mkv.h264,audiocopy profile and see whether it will play that?
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i will give it a shot.

Comment

using audio copy made the picture stutter and had no sound. The amp kept flickering again between what type of audio it was trying to play. I wasted enough time.

Comment

tried another movie in remux, picture is fine but no audio again! Keeps filckering between dts and dolby pro logic?

Comment

There is somehing wrong with your A/V setup.

I have tested here and all is OK.

Do we both have a title that we can test?

I generally use War of the Worlds (Tom Cru$e) as it has both DTS & dd5.1 soundtracks.

If all else fails, visit your local video store.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

mine was gladiator, i'm gonna try just software and turn off cuda? I aint spending money at the video store either for war of world. how about rambo 1-3?

Comment

Working...
                              X