8.0.1.0 Beta Still Crashes After Selection Of Start Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.1.0 Beta Still Crashes After Selection Of Start Button

O.K. This is a new version of DVDFab so hopefully it is not considered a repeat post. I am having the same issue as I have had on all DVDFabs version 8. Whenever I am going to encode from DVD to any mobile profile, either default or created the DVDFab 8 crashes within 2 seconds of hitting the start button. I went ahead and forwarded this information per the DVDFab pop up message with all the dump files as it requested. DVDFab 7 continues to work normal on this very same PC.

I am using a nVidia GeForce 8400M and it is up to date, there is no CUDA on this card and I am working only with my standard DVD's. I did post my previous log files on this crash, but nothing was revealed. Maybe this one will.

DVDFab 8.0.0.5 (2010/08/27 14:43:18)

0m 04.89s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 18.81s: detected dvd
    0m 18.92s: drive F
    0m 18.92s: dvd type 1
    0m 18.92s: volume label Movie Name
    0m 19.09s: detected dvd
    0m 19.14s: drive F
    0m 19.14s: dvd type 1
    0m 19.14s: volume label Movie Name
    0m 19.31s: got copyright 0 0
    0m 19.71s: got udf/iso
    0m 20.84s: got discinfo
    0m 20.84s: pathplayer disabled 0
    0m 21.74s: got dvdinfo
    1m 28.93s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

1m 28.98s: create config(0)
    1m 28.98s: convert profile(ipad.default)
    1m 33.92s: dvd title(1) angle(0) chapter(1->32)
    1m 33.92s: stream(480,2,1) stream(128,86019,1) stream(32,94208,4)
    1m 33.92s: not set correct fourcc for video(28)
    1m 33.94s: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
    1m 36.20s: h264_encode: encode macroblocks per second(33716) exceed the standard(%2), video size(720x400, 29.97), specify profile(0)-level(13)
    1m 40.24s: subpicture(32) mode(0)
    1m 40.26s: connect to sub render filter

Graphics Chipset :
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

Supported Video Codecs :

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.
    Last edited by Ozzie; 09-10-2010, 04:10 PM.

I can confirm that V8010 will crash when clicking on start using standard DVDs also.

Comment

I am also getting the same thing I have noticed when I have it on mult pass it just frezes at .14% if it is on single pass if crashes

Comment

Hi Ozzie
        I have not tested 8010 but, your log is saying 8005 also your pathplayer is disabled try turning it on and see if anything changes
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi Ozzie
          I have not tested 8010 but, your log is saying 8005 also your pathplayer is disabled try turning it on and see if anything changes
          CBR929
          Test v8010 and report back.
          Pathplayer setting does not matter.
          The software just crashes.

Comment

Hi Ozzie
            CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
              Test v8010 and report back.
              The software just crashes.
              Confirmed Crashes
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Confirmed Crashes
                CBR929
                Well it is 3:45 AM in Beijing so we are not likely to see a fix today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                  Well it is 3:45 AM in Beijing so we are not likely to see a fix today.
                  Thats OK, I have many versions if I need one

Comment

I also have a version 6 that seems to work when others don't and they are all on the same machine, yet all versions of Fab8 have been totally useless for me. I did read somewhere that big changes where done, and I am sure the goal was for improving it, but this streak of bad V8 has been a total bummer.

Comment

v8.0.1.0 crashes for me to....v7.0.9.3 is still the best one.

I have only problem with v8....slow - crashes - when trying make a XviD pic is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X View Post
                        v8.0.1.0 crashes for me to....v7.0.9.3 is still the best one.

I have only problem with v8....slow - crashes - when trying make a XviD pic is bad.
                        guys, marmaduke freezes on me. killers worked on the latest official version 8005. now since marmaduke freezes, i've updated to the latest beta and its freezing on me. how do i go back to 7093?

Comment

Originally posted by dc1225 View Post
                          guys, marmaduke freezes on me. killers worked on the latest official version 8005. now since marmaduke freezes, i've updated to the latest beta and its freezing on me. how do i go back to 7093?
                          Hi dc1225
                          If you want to use an older version here you go http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php Note: you can keep different versions if they work for you like a version of 6,7,8, as they install in different folders
                          CBR929
                          Last edited by CBR929; 09-11-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Hi dc1225
                            If you want to use an older version here you go http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php Note: you can keep different versions if they work for you like a version of 6,7,8, as they install in different folders
                            CBR929
                            thanks CBR! How do I find old versions in my computer?

Comment

V8.0.1.1B has been released.
                              There is no mention of a crash fix but It works fine in my testing.

Comment

Working...
                              X