8.0.1.0 Beta Still Crashes After Selection Of Start Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc1225 View Post
    thanks CBR! How do I find old versions in my computer?
    dc1225

You can download the version you want from the link I gave you.
    I you want to see if there are any other versions on your computer go to
    C:/ Program Files/DVD FabX the X meaning the version #
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I also have a version 6 that seems to work when others don't and they are all on the same machine, yet all versions of Fab8 have been totally useless for me. I did read somewhere that big changes where done, and I am sure the goal was for improving it, but this streak of bad V8 has been a total bummer.
      i thought i give this new version a try again.... at least good things happen from time to time.

but it´s the same crap as each version since v7.0.9.3.

it crashes so often i don´t know how such bad builds can be released....
      Last edited by gothmoth; 09-11-2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        V8.0.1.1B has been released.
        There is no mention of a crash fix but It works fine in my testing.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=8009
        downloaded....marmaduke still freezing, ugh, i give up

Comment

That version also crashes seconds after selecting the start button. V8 from my experienced is a turn for the worst, just installed V7 again and things are working normally.

Comment

You make the vacant asssumption that it is behaving that way for everyone, which is not the case. Fill in the crash report and send it in to speed up a fix for those of you that are seeing the problem.
            Originally posted by gothmoth View Post
            i thought i give this new version a try again.... at least good things happen from time to time.

but it´s the same crap as each version since v7.0.9.3.

it crashes so often i don´t know how such bad builds can be released....
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              You make the vacant asssumption that it is behaving that way for everyone, which is not the case. Fill in the crash report and send it in to speed up a fix for those of you that are seeing the problem.
              well... i have 5 systems here and it behaves on all the same.
              looking at the number of reports here in the forum i guess it´s a common issue.

something is seriously broken in v8.

Comment

Originally posted by gothmoth View Post
                well... i have 5 systems here and it behaves on all the same.
                looking at the number of reports here in the forum i guess it´s a common issue.

something is seriously broken in v8.
                I have three totally different systems here ranging from vista to windows 7, laptops and A pc with ATI and nVIDIA cards and all have the same crash issue as well. I also do see a lot of threads indicating crashes, a lot more complaints are on this forum about V8 than V7. However signals is right there are folks here running V8 with out this crash but even they complain about the slow encoding or jerky video results in the end product. IMHO I think V8 should of stayed in beta a bit longer, but who knows how many are people are actually running V8 without a hitch?

I am just glad I was vale to uninstall V8 and still have V7 run normal.

Comment

Agreed. 3 systems here with AMD and Intel CPUs. All have nVidia cards and RAM ranges from 3G to 8G on the systems. All systems are 64-bit (maybe that makes the difference, dunno). 8 does work sometimes, and when it does, results are jerky and picture isn't as clear. Conversion also takes a ridiculously long time in comparison to version 7. More often than not, 8 just freezes about halfway through and is no longer worth the trouble.
                  I've gone back to 7 and simply don't see the point in fighting with 8 anymore. 7 works flawlessly almost all of the time and I rarely have issues with it. There really isn't a reason for me to need an upgrade at this point, especially one that causes more trouble than it's worth.
                  And for those rare occasions where Fab of any version insists on throwing the sound off, I revert back to ol' faithful (General Policies)the quality is slighly less, but it's good enough of a backup for those DVDs that Fab simply doesn't get along with (that's basically all I was hoping for as a fix with 8, but as it is now, it's a huge step backwards).
                  Last edited by AGJ; 09-12-2010, 08:17 PM. Reason: general policies

Comment

Instant Crashing

I had this same problem and I think it only occurs on 64 bit Operating Systems but I don't have a 32 bit OS to verify that on. I found the following solution so hopefully this may solve your problem as well:

1. Go into your BIOS and make sure that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is enabled. I think it's called the same thing on Intel and AMD but if not, it's close.

2. Go into your OS and right-click on "Computer" then select "Properties". Select the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section.

3. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab. It should work if the system is set to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" but I've had problems unless I select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" so I would recommend the second setting.

4. Add the name of the primary executable for DVDFab by clicking the "Add..." button and entering "DVDFab.exe".

Hope it helps.

D

Comment

I just checked my system, I never have intentionally excluded DVDFab but it is in the DEP exclusion list and I don’t have the crashing problem.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Two of my systems are 32 bit, and the DEP option selected is the second one " Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"

All the DVDFab are then listed and checked by default since I never did this myself. I went ahead and unchecked the all and selected the first option to "Turn on DEP for essentials windows program services only."

Did not see any difference in the crash, V8 crashes just as quickly after selecting the start button. I then set it back the way it was, since the old DVDFabs versio 7 and below are not having this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by dilburt View Post
                          I had this same problem and I think it only occurs on 64 bit Operating Systems but I don't have a 32 bit OS to verify that on. I found the following solution so hopefully this may solve your problem as well:

1. Go into your BIOS and make sure that DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is enabled. I think it's called the same thing on Intel and AMD but if not, it's close.

2. Go into your OS and right-click on "Computer" then select "Properties". Select the "Advanced" tab and then click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section.

3. Click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab. It should work if the system is set to "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" but I've had problems unless I select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" so I would recommend the second setting.

4. Add the name of the primary executable for DVDFab by clicking the "Add..." button and entering "DVDFab.exe".

Hope it helps.

D
                          Tried it. Didn't work for me. 8 still hangs halfway through mp4 conversion. I always do the Second Pass option. Is there any chance this is where the issue lies? I only ask because I've noticed that with 7, the conversion process will say 1/2, 2/2, and I haven't tried a single pass yet. 8 only has 1/1. Though I have noticed that 7 also says 1/1 when I'm converting blu-ray, but 8 is doing the same for regular DVDs now.

Comment

Originally posted by kremesch View Post
                            Tried it. Didn't work for me. 8 still hangs halfway through mp4 conversion. I always do the Second Pass option. Is there any chance this is where the issue lies? I only ask because I've noticed that with 7, the conversion process will say 1/2, 2/2, and I haven't tried a single pass yet. 8 only has 1/1. Though I have noticed that 7 also says 1/1 when I'm converting blu-ray, but 8 is doing the same for regular DVDs now.
                            It is all in one process and will always show 1/1 even if 2 pass selected. Give one pass a try as I think it was mentioned before that 2 pass had issues but not remember as I not do that many mobile conversions

Comment

Concer MP4 conversion crashing in the new version.

Upgraded to the new version it fails usually within the first few percent. It just locks.
                              I have tried DVD's which I know worked in the previous version and they now freeze.
                              I have to close the program.

Comment

Re-installed version 7 and ripping is working fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X